24. memories | wolfhard

🎵:  our last summer // abba ( this song means a lot to me, listen if you like <3 )
_________________________

remembering him was always easy, making up scenarios which was true at some point.

smiling at the old polaroids which she kept hidden in her dresser.

opening the heart-shaped locket which he every so gently hung around her neck, slightly pecking y/n's jawline while doing so.

it was only at night when it broke her, when she suffered the most.

or, when she'd see the posts.

"finn wolfhard's new girlfriend veronica monroe!"

"finnxveronica"

"we see as strangerthings star moved on from instagram model y/n y/l/n!"

the memories would replay in her head most nights, and she could recall every single word which was spoken.

"good-morning angel, how did you sleep?" finn queried with a smile, sitting next to his girlfriend.

"not so bad, i woke up to go to the bathroom. what about you, love?" y/n consoled, biting into a slice of buttered toast. finn took a breath, before answering his loved-ones question.

"it was okay, i woke up last night too. slightly pissed when i realized my soulmate wasn't in my arms, you know? i was worried when you weren't asleep next to me." he bellowed, changing his tone.

finn and his girlfriend chuckled, before y/n stood up, and gave him a small forehead kiss.

"i love you, slacker." she soothed, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"i love you more, mrs y/n wolfhard."

god, the memories. she missed running her hand through his curls, she missed laying on his bare chest, while she wore his boxer-shorts and hoodies. she just generally missed him, she missed the boy she loved ever so much.

"finn! i have no sunscreen!" she gasped, annoyed at her boyfriend who was dragging her out on the beach by hand.

"fuck sunscreen! i'll keep you safe, always!" he promised, laughing at his cautious girlfriend.

the young couple stopped running, and they just gathered close to eachother.

finn wrapped his hands around the girls waist, while she wrapped hers around his neck.

"your so fucking gorgeous, y/l/n." he admired, slightly blushing. the boy watched as y/n's cheeks blurred a dark shade of red, while she gathered the words to speak.

"your not to bad yourself, wolfhard' with your dark curls, and them gorgeous freckles." she gushed, chuckling as she realized both of them had tomato cheeks.

"oh really?" finn murmured, pulling away from his girlfriend.

he brought himself into a model pose, bringing one arm to his hip and his other to his head.

"aren't i hot, y/n?" finn maintained, sticking his ass out.

"you fucking goof-ball" she laughed, before bringing him back into a hug, connecting her soft, plump lips to his.

she missed his comforting cuddles, and those soft smiles which would light up her day, no matter what mood she was in.

"b- baby, you awake?" finn whispered, shaking his girlfriend with query.

the girl groaned, twisting and turning in the bed beside him.

"y/n." he shook, finally gaining his attention from the young girl.

"hmm? g- god babe, how late is it?" she groaned, sitting up in the bed beside him.

"oh baby, i was just wondering if you were okay. you keep moving around." finn questioned, caressing y/ns arm with care.

"yeah, i'm fine love." she consoled, twisting around and resting her hand around his neck.

"okay, i- i love you." he murmured, turning around to her.

"i love you more."

he brought his hand to her waist, and it slowly traveled down to her ass.

finn froze, until he finally understood what had happend.

"b- baby, are you awake?" he stammered, looking down at a girl who was slowly opening her eyes.

"uh, yeah finn." she rebuked, unmeaningly getting pissed off.

"i think you got your period." he babbled cautiously, beginning to caress her arm.

her cheeks flushed with embarrassment, before she rushed up from the bed.

the girl nervously stood awkwardly, trying to think of what to say.

"i- i'm sorry." y/n lamented, embarrassingly pulling off the bed covers and staring at the puddle of blood.

"no need to be sorry, y/n. it's normal, i'm happy i'm here to help." he reassured, already starting to pull off the bed sheets.

"do you have a tampon?" finn asked, his voice raspy and soothing.

"i think so, i'm so sorry baby." she mumbled, rushing over to her backpack and taking out a sanitary product.

"i love you, angel." he promised, stripping the bed clothes.

"i dont deserve your love, although i love you always."

the tears swelled in her eyes, when y/n realized that her and finn will no longer share that love anymore, although she will always feel the same.

________________________

word count :: 842

i dreamed about this one night and i wrote it in my notes and forgot about it
please don't point this at elsie i literally made this before i knew she existed