2. eleven | wheeler

🎵:  friends // chase atlantic  ( i recommend listening while reading!)
___________________________

set at the end of season two.

we were all sitting in the byers house, scared for our life.

a minute ago, a baby demogorgan flew through and broke one of the windows, and i was how terrified.

i stood next to mike, who was protectively gripping to my hand.

steve was at my other side, which was also quite comforting. hop was in front of us both, with a gun pointing at the door.

mike whispered his last, sweet whisper into my ear. this whole night, he's been whispering me little nothings.

"it's okay, i'll keep us safe." he told me, for i swear the hundredth time tonight.

it was nice, really nice.

me and mike, we had a complicated relationship. we never put a label on it, but we comfortably kissed infront of everyone, and if someone didn't know we weren't dating - they would think we were.

everyone shipped us, but it was like there was a secret, which everyone kept from me. i moved here a little after max did, but instead of mike hating me, like he did with max, he welcomed me and actually invited me to the party. i felt completely comfortable with the dudes, but then someone would bring up last year, and they would go secretive. it's like they didn't want me to know something, or someone. i didn't quite understand, i knew everything about will, and everything that happened.

steve was completely, and weirdly invested in mike and i's 'relationship'. although it wasn't something harrington would be known to be invested in, he really, really shipped us.

although i had all the other losers, - dustin, lucas, will, max and mike - steve was one of my bestfriends, i guess when dustin got close with him, i did too.

he treats me like a little sister, and i appreciate it.

mike gave my hand a little squeeze, and we both shifted our gazes to eachother.

"i love you." he whispered, staring deep into my eyes.

"i love you, too." i smiled, confident we will get out of this together.

we all were ready to fight, when the lock on the front door started to unlock itself. i looked down at mine and mikes hands, just for a distraction.

i heard the front door open, and i didn't dare look at the monster i expected.

everyone stood quiet for a second, but i was to much of a scaredy-cat to look up.

suddenly, mike unlocked our hands, like the door unlocked itself.

he slowly walked towards the door, and i looked up.

everyone stood speachless, and i was really confused.

i saw a tall, girl? i couldn't really tell. they were pretty, and they were dressed pretty bitchin'