Epiphany ~ Chapter 38.

A/N: Hi guys, before this chapter starts I just wanted to warn of themes that may be triggering to people, this chapter will contain mild torture and violence.
————————————————————

-Y/N's POV-
My head was throbbing and the last thing I wanted to do was open my eyes and face the unwanted reality of having to confront my kidnapper, but it seemed as if they'd already caught on, as my eyes may have involuntarily twitched as I woke up,

"I think she's awake, sir." I heard a voice and internally cursed in my head, refusing to open my eyes or do as much as move,

"Y/N, can you hear me?" I heard Kureto's voice and remained still,

"Ah, that won't do. She's not responding." He seemed to sigh, "Wait outside, I'll call you back when I need you in next." He ordered and I heard multiple footsteps and a door opening and creaking to a close.

"Y/N," he addressed me again, "I know you're awake, I'm giving you the chance to have a conversation now."

I still didn't respond and it was silent for a while before he sighed, suddenly I felt the bottom of his shoe roughly come down on my neck causing me to splutter and my eyes to squeeze shut in pain, "Say, Y/N- don't you think you've done enough? You've committed enough crimes as it is, surely I deserve some sort of explanation for your disobedience."

I finally opened my eyes glaring at him, "Really? You try to force me into a marriage and find it criminal that I run away?" I clutched onto my neck, wincing in pain, forced to look up at him as his foot was holding my head in place, "You've committed crimes of your own, far worse than me but it's overlooked since the Japanese imperial demon army is the current ruling power."

"That's a lot for someone who was unconscious 30 seconds ago." He smirked, entirely ignoring everything I said, "Anyway I'm going to ask you some questions and I'll be expecting answers."

"Number 1." He began, "How did you escape?"

He started and I quickly formulated a story in my head, but I still needed to stall to buy some time and if I acted hesitant to tell him it would seem more believable, "Seriously, is that what your concerned about?"

"Instead of being a brat, why don't you just answer the question, Y/N?"

"But if I simply told you your security wasn't good enough you wouldn't believe me, would you?"

He kicked me harshly on the side of my rib and I knew that was going to bruise, "Final warning."

I sighed for a while, pretending to contemplate for a while, "You know what weapon I have and the type of demon I have, it was actually easy to silently take out the guards who threatened my escape; the others were easy to coerce and let me escape before informing you that I had escaped. That was my agreement with them." I huffed,

"Is that so?" He gave me a deep stare, "Ok. Number 2, have you been in contact with anyone from the demon army during your absence?"

I chuckled, "You're joking, right? I finally get away from you and you think I'd risk it by coming into contact with anyone in the demon army?" I gambled a lot with that statement and was relying on the mere possibility that all my communications hadn't been traced,

He sighed, "I guess you're somewhat right there," he nodded his head, "We weren't able to trace anything back to you, although we did trace one thing."

"Final question, where have you been hiding all this time?" The toughest question to tackle was asked, and I had no idea how I was going to wriggle out of this one, in fact I didn't even know if had successfully bypassed the others,