Epiphany ~ Chapter 40.

A/N: I'd just like to reiterate that I'm not a qualified health profession. Please do not take anything said here serious and please do not crucify me for using incorrect medical terms and processes 😭

————————————————————

-Narrator-
"Take her to theatre," Adora instructed the paramedics as a few other ob/gyn doctors met her at the enterance,

"Is she the patient?" One of the doctors asked, referring to the call in the ambulance, Adora had made, asking for them to prepare for their arrival,

"Yes, I need you two to check on the baby and let me know how the baby is, we're going to have to prepare for a c-section if it's not looking good. I'm going to explain the situation to Dr Ishida,"

The two doctors nodded and ran off, obediently,

Dr Ishida was the head of department for ob/gyn in his late 30s so he was far more suited for these kind of situations and he was always there to supervise any birth Adora had part in.

"The patient has suffered mostly from head injuries and is unconscious, she was assaulted by Kureto Hiragi who knew she was pregnant, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him purposely targeting the baby."

"Is she Y/N L/N by any chance?" Adora turned to face him and nodded, everyone knew the story of Y/N and Kureto and Dr Ishida could only sigh, "Will we get in trouble for treating her by any chance?"

She scoffed, "More like I will; I mouthed off to him and told him to court martial me if he didn't like it. Don't worry about the consequences, we took an oath remember?"

Dr Ishida waved his hand, "Of course, I had no intentions of not treating her, just had to see if I had to prepare for anything!" He chuckled,

Adora continued, "Most of the patient's treatable injuries were tended to in the ambulance on the way here; it's hard to know if she's suffering from any other injuries as she's a cursed weapon user, she might've been healed from some injuries already, but I guess we can double check later."

"So the only thing to check is the health of the baby, if anything is off and a c-section is needed how many weeks pre-mature would she be?"

"Two weeks." Adora sighed, "In all honesty, I don't think I can do this c-section, Dr Ishida."

He looked at her inquisitively, "You've been making splendid progress despite the fact you are already a very capable young doctor, what's stopping you?"

"I've only assisted a C-section let alone led one and those haven't been as serious as this. Sure I'm up for a challenge sometimes but I don't know if I can do it, especially when it's my friend's baby."

Dr Ishida was quiet for a while, "That's understandable, it seems like I haven't been giving you enough experience." He shook his head, "Dr Iori, make sure to study extra hard this week, let's get another ob/gyn doctor!"

Adora gave him an amused smile as she nodded her head.

Guren and the others arrived shortly after the paramedics, as they entered the hospital a receptionist shot up out of her seat, "Master Guren, you're here-"

Guren nodded at her returning the greeting,

"We'll wait here." Kai jerked his head towards the the waiting area,

"Are you sure? You'll be waiting for a long time, you guys should go home; you've already done so much."

"I've got to go and check on Nico, but I'll be back!" Yuna announced,