Epiphany ~ Chapter 9.

[This chapter contains light
Smut, just a lil' foreplay. Teehee]

-Y/N's POV-
One awkward car ride later, I put the comatose child to bed in one of the guest rooms. I hadn't been able to talk to him properly since I found him, and planned to once he woke up; however in the meantime Guren had requested the 4 of us meet in his office to discuss what happened.

"Well then, where do we start?" Guren leaned against his desk, as the room went silent. Until Naomi sighed, seeming to gather up the courage, "Well since you three are experts, what the hell was that?"

"That? That was a guy who was possessed by a demon."

"Demon? I thought that stuff was fictional."

Kai chuckled, "Oh, no very much real. In fact..." he ushered to us 3, "We have contracts with them."

Naomi's face yelled disbelief, "And why would you do that?"

"For our weapons, we need their power to fight vampires and other dangerous beings, the demon resides in our weapons."

"So, you need a contract?" Naomi tried to confirm and the three of us nodded,

"Pretty much, if you're going to own the weapon." Kai finished,

"So why was he possessed?" Naomi seemed confused,

"Before you can wield one of the weapons, the demon will test you, if you're not strong enough to resist it, it will possess you. Even if you do have a contract that won't stop it from trying to possess you."

"Well, not Y/N's demon anyway." Kai rolled his eyes,

"There's no such thing as a demon who lives to serve a human without trying to possess them." I mumbled,

"So... you guys could get possessed?"

"Yeah." We said in unison,

"If we get faint hearted." Guren inputted,

"And that guy..?" She drew out,

"We need to talk about that guy. How did he even get access to those? I called the JIDA to remove them, we were lucky it wasn't a black demon series weapon."

Knowing a lot, I couldn't help but do my best to avoid eye contact, as that'll expose my activities while a Guren was away.

"Y/N, you didn't seem too surprised when Naomi called you, did you have any prior knowledge?" Kai said, most likely without realising that he was setting me up,

I shot a sharp look at him, "Ah..." before scratching the back of my head,

"Ok fine." I sighed, "I would meet up with Naomi when she was at where the attack took place. I noticed a lot of things were off."

"I begged her to come with me, and she was hesitant anyway and didn't want to be there. Don't be mad at her." Naomi tried to defend me,

"Don't take all the blame, I still chose to go and hang around anyway." I shook my head,

"Both of you stop. If I was going to chew you out I would've done it a long time a go." Guren seemed more annoyed by us trying to take the blame more than he was at what happened, "This would've happened regardless, so coming to the bottom of how and why it happened is more important than who went to where. Y/N, carry on."

"Anyway, Naomi, that Sabrina girl was cautious of me wasn't she?"

"Well, yeah,"

"I was equally as cautious of her, in fact I think illegally getting a hold of these weapons is one of the stuff that she controls there."