Epiphany ~ Chapter 8.

-Y/N's POV-
Kai and I had separated, he was going to the battlefield to investigate while Guren was on his way; I, on the other hand, was trying to find Naomi.

I made my way down the stairs at the back of the bar, "Naomi?" I hissed, luckily I heard movement and shortly saw her head peek out from round the corner, I breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Oh my God, I'm so glad you're alive." I wrapped my arms around her waist in a hug,

She returned it but shortly tried to break it, "Not for long..." she muttered, wincing and then I realised I was squeezing her,

"Sorry-" I smiled, releasing her, "Listen, I'm going to take you to the car and explain what's happening there, I'm gonna have to keep it really brief though."

She nodded and we made our way to the car, when we got there I opened the door signalling for her to get in, "I've got a couple of things to fill you in with; you might not like them." I warned her giving her a sympathetic look,

"It's ok, I'm already prepared for the worst." She sighed shutting the door, "Well, shoot."

"Ok, first. Guren is on his way, he might be here already." I began,

"Shit." She cussed,

I nodded in agreement, "Kai called him before we left; I guess because he's better suited for dealing with this kind of situation."

She sighed,

"Do you know the person, the one who's killing people, I mean?" I asked,

"No." She looked at me skeptically,

"Good, because he's probably going to end up dead."

"Oh."

"Ok, well that's pretty much everything. Any questions?"

"What's actually happening, Y/N?"

"Well- it's actually a long story. If you come back to the safe house it'll be easier to explain there." I explained, "Ok, I need to go and help them, so drive a bit further away from here, I'll call you when we need to go."

She nodded and I jumped out the car, waving to her as I shut the door and headed towards the direction Kai had gone in. I summoned my gun as I slowly walked down the steps to the dumpster.

I pressed my back against a wall and peered round the corner, and as expected chaos was unfolding. Kai was in the midst of it looking like he was trying to calculate his next move, what made me also identify him fairly easily was the fact that he was stood next to a raven haired man in a JIDA uniform, it was Guren. While I knew this was not the time to get nervous I still was unable to stop my heart from skipping a beat.

I took a deep breath as I decided how to intervene without messing up the current pace. From what I could observe the demon wasn't letting people escape and would primarily attack anyone who attempted to escape before turning its attention back to the small congregation of remaining hostages.

There seemed to be a halt as no one dared to move, afraid of who the demon would attack first; it seemed amused by Kai and Guren's presence, "2 black demon series wielders right before me." His voice echoed, the volume surprising the many people remaining,

"There's 3 of you though, where's the third person?"

I cussed under my breath, as the demon now demanded that I made my presence known, however I knew better to keep my mouth shut and stay put.

"How rude!" I heard Guren shout, "You have 2 right here and you still demand more?"

"Sounds greedy if you ask me~!" Kai tutted, I couldn't help the smile that forced its way on my face at the two who never failed to make smart comments in the midst of a serious battle,