Epiphany ~ Chapter 11.

[This chapter will contain a tiny bit of lime, I'm in the mood to tease a lil' 😼]

-Y/N's POV-
As the days progressed we worked on formulating a plan to find Nico's mother, relying heavily on his input considering it's very hard to find someone, especially with a 5 year olds description.

I felt him tug on my sleeve as Guren, Kai and I all stared at each other in confusion; Naomi saw no need in contributing as she didn't want to go outside for a while and would be of no use, as a result.

"Y/N...?" He quietly whined,

I pulled him onto my lap, "What's up, cutie?" giving  him a short squeeze,

"When are we going to find my mum? It's been a week now..." he moaned, impatiently,

Guren shot a look which screamed: this is why I hate kids.

"I know sweetheart but we need to know where to look before we start going out to look for her." I tried to reason, and then an idea popped into my head, "Tell me, Nico, what did you used to do when you lived with your mother?" I figured that if he could give us a description of his past activities and places he recognises near where he lived, we'd find it easier to determine where he was talking about.

He appeared to think for a while, "Well...I played with animals a lot." he began, "There were a lot of trees and plants where I lived, not like here; but we sometimes went to the city to buy things."

"Hm, what things did you buy? Food?" I prompted,

He shook his head, "Our food came from the farm, and if we needed to buy anything we'd go to a market near us. I didn't really see any markets in the city."

I sighed, before Kai tried next, "Did your mum work in the city? Perhaps she went there to buy clothes?"

"Mama worked in the farm." He shook his head, "Mama said the clothes in the city were too expensive, so she'd make me some instead." He smiled,

"Ah," Kai sighed, "So you lived in a countryside, and would go into a city which appears to be quite industrialised," he deduced,

"Aren't most, Sherlock Holmes?" I rolled my eyes,

"So we still have nothing." Guren sighs,

"Right..." I agreed in dismay, however it didn't last long as I quickly got a new idea, "Say Nico, do you know if there's anything famous near where you lived?"

He thought for a while, "Erm, I remember there was a super big castle!" his eyes lit up as he remembered it,

"Really?" I encouraged him to keep talking as we could be getting somewhere with this,

"Mhm, it was super cool. I really wanted to be like the person who lived there so I always asked Mama to take me there and she did but not all the time." I smiled at the sudden enthusiasm expressed by the young boy as he slowly continued to let his true personality show, "My favourite part was looking at the tower, there were these golden things which my mum said were called *Shachi and apparantley they'd protect the castle. They looked kinda scary but I'd love to live there if they were protecti-"

"Hey kid," something in what Nico had said had caught Guren's attention, I glared at him for how he addressed Nico, on the other hand, Nico stopped abruptly, quickly turning to face him, "Hm?'

"The shachi..." he began, "Were there two?"

Nico nodded, and Guren nodded back as he seemed to confirm something in his head,

"Isn't that Nagoya castle?" Kai cocked his head to the side,

"Yes, it is. That means Nico used to live in Aichi Prefecture," Guren confirmed,