Epiphany ~ Chapter 46.

-Y/N's POV-
"Y/N?" A voice brought me out of my deep thoughts, it was almost as if I had never left the room but it seemed I was now in Guren's office, I turned to face him, "Are you okay?"

I nodded, "Of course, just tryna think."

He was seated on his desk and leaned back so his hands were placed behind him, "About your choice?"

"Mhm."

He leaned forward to move my hands from my face, and instead cupped my face with his own, I placed my own hands on top of his, finding comfort in the warmth of his hands but his next words gave me chills,

"Don't let me influence any decision you want to make,"

I looked up at him with sad eyes, "What do you mean? Do you not want to raise him?"

His face dropped into a frown, "Don't be silly, that's not what I meant."

I pouted and he sighed, "I know all to well what the army is like, I don't want you to go back if its not what you want, especially for me."

"What if he kills you, Guren."

"He won't kill me, not now anyway." He said, the smirk on his face was reassuring but his words weren't, "Y/N, even if I were to die, whether he kills me or not, you've already done so much by yourself and you have so much support now."

"Guren-" I shook my head, the thought of living the rest of my life without him was unbearable,

"I know, but you are stronger than you think. Besides, you won't have to raise him by yourself, you'll have the squad and the girls to help you as well."

"I- I don't want to." I felt my voice broke, "I can't raise him without you."

He said nothing, his thumb rubbing gentle circles against my cheeks as he saw the tears in my eyes that threatened to fall,

"I just want to live a normal life with you, Guren. I'm tired of this shit." I closed my eyes, his touch was one thing that I wish could last forever, "I want us to raise our son together, I don't want you to die. Is that selfish of me?"

Guren chuckled slightly, "Even if it is, I have no problem with it."

"Of course you don't." I muttered,

"It's not selfish to want to live a normal life, unfortunately I must not be destined to live one." He let his forehead rest against mine before winking at me, "This isn't too bad though,"

I opened my eyes to look up at him, an amused gleam in my eye, "You think so?"

"We had to meet up in secret and do all the secretive shit, it's exhilarating don't you think?"

I laughed at his comment, "Apparently it wasn't secretive enough, but it was fun while it lasted, huh?"

"It sure was." He brought my face closer to his and finally took my lips in his, it felt like forever since we had kissed even though it was something we would do often.

It felt like time had stopped until Guren's office door flung open,

"Ugh, really Y/N? I try to see you in normal circumstances for once and this is what I'm subjected to?" Shinya scoffed flopping on the leather sofa,

"Not my fault you don't know how to knock." I abruptly turned to face him, shooting him a glare at his accusing tone,

Guren scoffed, "You should be lucky you didn't walk into something else,"

"What something else? Y/N's on a sex ban." He mockingly stuck his tongue out at me,

"You must think we're on the same boat now, hm?" I suddenly felt my head being turned back to face the purple eyes that belonged to her boyfriend,

"Ignore him," his face switched from one of disinterest in the quarrelling to a suggestive smirk, "Besides, I'm not on a sex ban."

I shot him a coy smile, "I see, so is that what you want. I can help wi-"

Shinya loudly faked a gag to interrupt me, "I'm telling Adora I caught the two of you trying it."

"You really are a bitter virgin, aren't you?" Guren rolled his eyes,

Shinya scoffed, "Sure, think what you want."

His nonchalant attitude convinced me that he probably wasn't lying...