3 - Heywards Offer (part 2)

{ JJ POV }

I didn't question Heyward at all because he probably thinks I didn't hear what he said so I just let him usher us towards his car.

It was a small, black jeep which was enough to fit 5 people in, I climbed in and sat in the back with Pope.

We were both pretty much silent the whole way apart from mumbling an occasional 'yes' or 'no' to Mr and Mrs Heyward who were trying to make small talk with me, but I wasn't in the mood for chatting. For once in my life I was not in the mood for talking.

I don't know they're acting like nothing happened, I was just tired of all of this. Why did we have to get handed the bad deck of cards in this game of life.

"Mum, Dad just leave him alone" Pope said effortlessly.
"Don't have to be so grumpy sweet heart we're just trying to get to know him a little better" His mum snapped back.

"But mum, you have literally known him for the past 4 years" Pope argued back.

I just smiled to myself, the fact that Pope can say that to his mum without at least getting a slap surprised me. But what else do I expect especially with my crappy dad, and I know that Pope's parents would never hurt him.

"No it's okay Pope" I said smiling at him
"sorry Mrs Heyward it's fine, I'm just a little tired right now"

"Sorry sweetie, I should of thought you were tired after the rough day you've had"
I just nodded and leaned my head against the seat, why was everybody acting like everything is normal. Nothing is fucking normal right now! We had just lost our best friend, no scrap that, he was family.

I started feeling the anger in me again, why do I have to be like this? Why can't I just be normal? Why do I have to be angry in every situation even the sad ones, why can't I be able to feel sadness? It's just replaced with anger. I quickly clenched my fist worried that I was gonna snap, I tried to distract myself from the thought of John B.

We had just pulled up to Popes house and I jumped out of the car and started walking up to his front door.

I literally had nothing with me except for the clothes Im wearing and a spare jacket that was tied round my waist. "You okay son?" Heyward asked as he fiddled around trying to unlock the front door.
"Yeah" I replied. Of course I'm not fine! how could I be fine!?

The door swung open and I stepped inside. It doesn't matter how many times I have been here but each time I come, I still get a fresh wave of  shock because of how nice it is.

It may be small but it's perfect it's gives off nice family vibes, something I'm not used to. The atmosphere feels safe and comfy and I always love coming to Popes house because I feel loved, and they treat me like their son.

{ Pope POV }

I let out a chuckle because every time JJ comes he looks around like it's his first time here. "JJ, what are you doing" I ask him as he is staring at the pictures on the wall

"What does it look like I'm doing dipshit" he replied raising his eye brows.

" I don't know staring at the pictures of me, admiring my beauty" I said sarcastically.
JJ just rolled his eyes.
"Whatever you say Pope"

"Boys, you hungry?" Dad asked I shook my head and so did JJ, we just wanted to go upstairs and talk in private. "Ok than goodnight make sure you actually get some sleep ,okay" He said to us as we started making our way up the stairs.

We got into my room which was a medium sized basic room with a desk and a wardrobe on one side of the room, and a double bed with cream covers on the other side. There were also posters of science groups and NASA and space X or as JJ called them 'nerdy posters'.