34 - Scars for a Maybank

TW: Abuse, violence and drug misuse.

{ JJ POV }

I have no idea what he means by me having to 'pay off my debts' but it is my dad afterall, so I should always assume the worst of things.

It's been a pretty... tense evening, he hasn't said a word to me since we were in the car. Which I'm actually glad for, because I don't exactly want to talk to him either.

As of right now I'm just in my battered old room, packing the bags which I said I was going to do ages ago but never got round to it.

I took out my jett-black rucksack for school and another one which is forest green to pack all my other stuff in.

I took some weed and ciggies out of my dad's $3,000 drug supply.  I don't even know how the hell he can afford all of this shit. He doesn't even have a job, I'm the only one in this house with one.

I picked up a few beers from the cooler and staggered back to my room with them all.

I enclosed the drugs into a hidden pocket on the inside of my bag and then I chucked the beers into the bigger compartment.

I smiled to myself, look at me.. being all organised for once.

_____________________________________

I was in the shower when someone started furiously pounding on the door.

"DAD, WHAT!?" I called out, turning off the water and wrapping a towel round my waist.

"Your phones going fucking crazy, boy! You got some bitch texting you?"

"Alright, I'm coming" I sighed, flinging open the door just to have my brick of a phone thrown into my face.

"Owch" I quickly grasped the phone before it fell to the floor.

"Sort it out" My dad growled, folding his arms.
I opened the phone and saw that I had 19 missed texts and 4 missed calls from Kie.

"It's just Kiara" I said
"Oh that curly haired slut that you always hang around with" he sneered

My jaw clenched.
"She is not a slut" I said, slow and steadily.

"I'll tell you what she is!" He snapped "she's an attention seeking whore! Did you really think she was hanging round with y'all just because she wants to be your friend?"

"Dad-"
"- SHE JUST WANTS THE DICK" he bellowed.

"SHUT UP" I screamed, punching him straight in the jaw.

He stumbled back in surprise.
"I'd be careful, if I were you..." and to my astonishment he didn't act back. He just simply walked away. I bet that he's gonna go off and get drunk now.

I huffed and stormed back to my room, slamming the door shut - locking it too.

It's a good thing he's sober at the moment or else I would of gotten a good and proper ass beating for that.

I unlocked my phone and checked all the messages from Kie.

Mama🐻💛 :  Yo JJ, u ok?
                        : Wanna ft?
                        : Cmon bro, I'm bored asfff
                        : Want me 2 come pick u up?

                        2 missed calls

Mama 🐻💛 : yk I ain't gonna stop until I know ur ok

SCARS | 𝖠𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖲𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 1 𝖮𝖻𝗑On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara