28 - Friends or Lovers?

{ Pope POV }

I woke up in my own bed which seemed like a surprise seeing as I'm so used to sleeping at John B's.

Since his death all I really wanted to do was just stay at home and shut myself away, because what's the point? John B was like the glue to our crew. Soon enough we're all gonna start collapsing from realising that he ain't coming back, and what's remaining of our group is likely to split.

I sighed. It was 11am I should probably try and get my lazy ass up and head over to the Chatue.

I know that I'm such a shit son, especially when all my parents do is love and support me. I feel like I should cherish that more, because unfortunately not everyone has parents like mine. Aka JJ.

I'm planning to be spending more time with them, but I'm gonna wait just a few more days until the summer holidays end.

{ Kiara POV }

It was 11:30am and I was still in bed. My head was in absolute agony and I was wondering when JJ was gonna come in.

"JJ" I called out weakly.
I heard him stumble and then his heavy footsteps running to my door.

"Yeah" he said, not bothering to knock and just barging straight in.

He looked tired and his dirty blonde hair was all tussled. He hasn't had a haircut in ages and the hair was creeping into his pastel blue eyes.

He looked... Hot. Wait no! I should be liking Pope not him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Shit" I replied bluntly
I was still wearing the same clothes I wore to that party and my hair was all messy. But JJ didn't care, infact he was looking just as messy.

"I'll get you some painkiller" he said standing up to leave
"Thanks"

He came back a minute later with a massive glass of water and two tablets.
"Here" he passed me the water and the ibuprofen.

I quickly washed the two tablets down and let out a loud exhale.

JJ smiled at me. I smiled back.

Why was this so awkward? Whenever JJ's around it's never ever awkward, so what's happening now?

I quickly snapped my eyes off him after realising I was gazing at him for way too long.

He just chuckled lightly.

{ JJ POV }

After she gulped down the ibuprofens, I couldn't help but smile. She looked hot. Especially with that messy hair.

No! What am I doing? This is Pope's soon-to-be girlfriend. I can't be doing this.

We were both just gazing at eachother, lost into one anothers eyes. When she quickly snapped them away.

I chuckled. I knew that would happen.

"I uh - sorry" she stuttered
"It's okay" I replied "you look hot -" I quickly slapped my hand over my mouth.

She giggled.
Now it was my turn to apologize.
"Sorry-"
"Oh JJ, it's just harmless flirting. You've been doing it since day one" she laughed

Hehe yeah, just harmless flirting...

"Okay well uh I think Pope's coming over so I'm just gonna go and get changed-"
"- Into John B's clothes?" She asked
"Yep" I nodded

And with that I left the room.
I was very confused on my feelings for Kiara, was it really just harmless flirting. Or was it something deeper?