33 - Kicked Out

{ JJ POV }

"JJ, ya dad's here" McCoy announced.
I let out a deep sigh before shakily standing up. The last time I saw him was when Barry was trying to break down my door. I don't know what they wanted from me but I doubt it's anything good.

I saw Kie in the corner of my eyes, she looked horrified.

"JJ..."
"It's okay Kie" I reassured her.
She was obviously unconvinced.

"Oh I forgot you still had those on, come here" McCoy said opening the door and removing the handcuffs.

I rubbed my sore wrists and I could see the  lines where the metal had dug into my flesh.

"Come on lad hurry up"
"Okay, okay" I muttered

"Please officer wait, could I just quickly say bye to him" Kie asked, slightly shaking the bars.

"I'm not supposed to let you out yet" He hesitated
"Please sir..."
"....very well than. Just make it quick"

"Thankyou" Kie said, throwing herself onto me, I jumped in surprise but was quick to wrap my arms back around the girl.

"Privacy?" I pressed the officer leave.

He huffed but did as asked.
"Don't try anything though, I'll be right outside the door"

A mischievous smirk tugged onto my lips while Kiara just scoffed.

"JJ, you can't go home with that-that... phsycopath" she stuttered into my chest.

"I'll be fine" I replied, lacking any emotions.
I've spent years trying to numb myself and I've finally got it, I don't want to lose it now.

"No, you won't be fine you idiot. Remember what happened last time?"
"Of course I remember"

"I don't want to see you get hurt again" she croaked.
"Stop" I suddenly snapped, pushing her back slightly harder than intended.

"The hell!" She exclaimed.

"Why do you think that everytime I see my dad he's gonna beat me or something!? It's not always like that!" I skeptically yelled

"Hey, I only think that because it's basically true. Like come on... When was the last time he was actually good to you?" She stated, folding her arms.

I shook my head.
"I'm sorry Kie, but I-I have to go now. You should be worrying about yourself and your own parents okay, not mine!" I flung open the door and stormed out, sweeping past the perplexed-looking officer.

I know I looked like an absolute asshole right now, but I don't want to be seen as that weak abused kid that people have to feel sorry for.

I feel bad for what I did to her, afterall she was just trying to be nice, but what other choice did I have?

__________________________________________

I only slowed down when I got to the car park and I saw my dad's battered old truck. I sauntered over to it, trying to remain a straight face but suddenly a hand grabbed my shoulder and I quickly spun round expecting to see the monster infront of me. But I was surprised to see that it was Shoupe.

"JJ, you weren't supposed to leave without supervision but uh-it doesn't really matter now anyways. Your dad's inside" he said, directing his eyes to the building.

I nodded.
"What's up with you eh? Not like you to be this quite" he pestered

"What do you want from me than!? Do you expect me to talk to you as if we're like friends or some shit, even after everything you've done?" I raised my voice.