37 - "This shit has got to stop!"

TW // Injury detail

{ JJ POV }

"Hey!" I shouted, jumping back and pulling my shirt down.

"Kie, what the fuck! You can't just do that" I continued to yell.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?"

"Hey, hey calm down bro" Pope firmly gripped my shoulders.
"Fuck off man!" I yelled shoving him away from me.

They both stared at me with glossy eyes, obviously unsure of what to do now.

"WHAT!? Why have y'all gone quite now?" I furiously asked

"JJ..." She whispered in disbelief  "again...?"

I rubbed my forehead, trying to contain myself. "And then you two wonder why I don't tell you when this shit happens" I muttered frustratedly

"Owch, dude. Sorry for caring" she said in a tone of hurt, which I couldn't tell if it was real or not.

I felt a slight bit of guilt. I don't want them to feel bad for me, I just want everything to go back to normal. Back to when they barely even noticed what was was going on... Those days were better.

"Look I'm sorry, okay? This...its-its my fault"

"How could it be your fault?" Pope asked softly.

"You don't understand, Pope! I tried I really did try to stop him but..." I took a deep breath before continuing  "it was too late, I'd already fucked up"

I felt my voice going all wierd but I refuse to let my emotions get the best of me.

"Its not your fault, alright? Come here" Kie softly embraced me whilst Pope patted my back.

"No, no let me go" I struggled, trying to pull away. I don't deserve them.

"Just relax, your gonna hurt yourself even more"

"Kiara! Let me go!" I demanded. She abruptly let me go and stepped back.

"You guys never did this before! So what's changed now!?" I fired at them

"What changed? JJ, last time you nearly died!" She exclaimed

"What?" I replied, obliviously

"He smashed your head in bro!" Pope added "you were knocked unconscious, remember? Your own goddamn father nearly killed you!"

I clenched my fist, not wanting to relive the memory.

"Your damn lucky you didn't get permanent damage from that!" He pointed to my forehead.

"So you guys only care now because of that one time?" I furrowed my eyebrows

"We've always cared about you JJ, but I literally thought we were going to lose you that day" Kie fretted

This made my heart drop. This all happened just a day after John B and Sarah's death... Did she really think she was going to lose me too?

I looked at my friends; how could I have ever put them through this shit? This is something they should never have had to deal with. They had a chance to have a 'normal' kid as their friend, but instead they got stuck with me... this problematic abused kid.

{ Pope POV }

JJ gazed at us for a good few seconds before he stepped back, clutching his side in pain. I wasn't surprised, especially after all the shouting he did.

"Let me have a look at it, I can help you" I insisted

"No it's okay, you've both already had a good luck anyways" he mumbled angrily.