16 - Pogues don't keep secrets

{ Pope POV }

We were taking a slow walk back to The Wreck, we were in no rush to go back to Kie's angry parents. And I was also hoping that she could tell us what happened while we were gone.

JJ and Kie were discussing what they were gonna say to her mum and dad when we get there and I was only half listening.

I'm trying to figure out who the hell could do that to Kie. And Rafe just so happens to be top of my suspect list.

"Ok ok we don't need to make a whole damn plan. We're gonna panic and forget it, let's just go along with it and live life minute by minute like we always do" Kie instructed.

"Ok" JJ shrugged
I nodded my head in agreement

"Good -"
"-sorry Kie, but please can you enlighten me by telling us what happened" I asked
"What do you mean" Kie narrowed her eyes.
"You know what I mean" I said pointing to her neck"

She hesitated for a minute.
"Fine but please don't go after him okay. The last thing we need are any more fights"
JJ had a rebellious glint in his eyes.

"JJ, I mean it" Kie warned
He nodded and licked his lips

"You don't get it do you? You can't keep on getting away with fights. If this keeps on happening I swear to you someone is gonna get badly hurt or maybe even killed-"

"we know the risk-"

-I'm mostly talking about you JJ, waving a fucking gun around!Your crazy!" She raised her voice, and knocked his shoulders.

"what if one day someone shows up with a gun too, what are you gonna do than huh?"
"I'll be prepared for that" JJ declared

"Hey calm down, both of you" I said pulling JJ away from Kie's firing zone.

"JJ, we need her to tell us this" I whispered into his ear.
He rolled his eyes but silently agreed.

"Kie, we solemnly swear that we will not go after him" JJ announced with one hand on his chest and one in the air.

I shook my head but was secretly laughing. Why does he have make a joke out of everything.
Kie gave a wide grin.
"Your so dramatic" I chuckled.

{ Kiara POV }

I couldn't help but smile at what JJ said. As annoying as he is, I'm really glad we have him with us.

"Pogues don't keep secrets" I reiterated our top rule.
"Pogues do not keep secrets!" They both repeated in unison.

They both looked at me expectantly.

I sighed. I was hesitant to tell them but I think I should.

"Ok so basically, I was walking back home like through the town when...Rafe he-he came back for what he called 'round 2' " I started, trembling slightly.

"I knew it!" JJ shouted
"Rafe!" Pope hissed

"And than he sort of like jumped me I guess and I tried to fight him off - really I did" I cried out near to tears.

I saw JJ's fist clench.

Pope embraced me in a hug, cutting me off.
"You don't have to carry on if you don't want to" he whispered into my hair.

I shrugged him off
"No I'll continue" I sniffled

"I tried to get him off me but he just dragged me to the alleyway and he started trying to kiss me and stuff, and I refused so he started...-"
"-Hurting you?" JJ asked
I nodded

His jaw clenched almost immediately.
He took in a deep breath to try and remain calm.

They both looked from my eyebrow to my neck and back to my eyes again.

"Yeah and after that he decided to 'leave his mark' on me" I sobbed.

"I can't believe that dickhead suckered up onto your neck" Pope growled.
JJ didn't say much but he was absolutely furious and there was no denying it.

"I should of pulled the trigger on him when I had the chance!" He raved kicking the pavement in anger.
"If I did than this never would of happened to you"

"JJ if you pulled that trigger than you'd be in jail right now" I stated.
"That's better than letting him hurt you and harass you!" He objected
"No it's not" I shook my head.

"Kie what's the point, I'm destined to go to prison anyway" he muttered sadly.
"Bro-"
"You know it's true Pope, so don't try and ague with me!" He snapped

He ran a hand through his hair but than turned his gaze to me for a moment.

JJ pulled me into his arms and hugged me tight.
"I'm so sorry, we should of been there" he croaked.

"Sh it's okay, I'm fine, it's nothing a little makeup won't cover" I whispered soothingly.

Pope came from behind and put his arms round both us
"Kie"
"Yeah"
"This is never happening again, Rafe is not going anywhere near you. Not under mine and JJ's watch. Right?' he lightly nudged the blonde boy to his right.
"Yes, definitely" he mumbled.

We pulled away after a few seconds and that's when we saw it.

My dad's car speeding down the road straight towards us.

"Oh shi-"