40 - Ending of our Childhood

I found like the most cursed picture of John B ever 😭💀 LMFAO look at his face.

{ Kiara POV }

We were all gathered in the hall, mostly silent and the few people that were talking got gunned down by the teachers glares.

I stared down into my lap as the principal droned on and about about what a great student John B was - which is definitely not true, he was nearly as bad as JJ.

A few kids thew in some snarky comments here and there and I could feel JJ tense up each time.

There was a slideshow playing with pictures of John B, I didn't know they had this many photos of him. They even had pictures of him from elementary, I noticed JJ get especially teary on these ones.

I refuse to believe he's gone, he is not gone! He is alive, everyone thinks I'm crazy for thinking that but I just know it's true.

I hate this feeling, the feeling of not knowing.

If they do find their bodies than I guess in a way I'll feel more at peace. Because for all we know they could be getting tortured by some lunatic right this very second, and we wouldn't even know it.

I felt tears forming in my eyes. Maybe I am just being stupid, they're probably dead, there's no way they could of survived in a tipped over boat in the middle of hurricane.

It was even worse because every single goddamn person in this room has looked over to us at least once. I hiccuped as a sob escaped my mouth.

"Kie?" Pope gently held my shaking shoulders while I silently cried.

"Awe don't cry" JJ comforted me even though he was crying too, he's a master at hiding this stuff.

I kept my hand over my mouth while tears were flowing down in an endless cascade, and every so often an awful sobbing sound would escape my mouth.

By now all eyes were on me and even the teachers paused. I stood up and ran out the hall with my hands over my face, I heard whisperings and my name being called but I ignored it all.

I burst out into the corridor and kept on running, unsure of where I was even going because the tears were blurring my vision.

"Hey" a voice spoke softly and they pulled me into their chest. I recognised this smell, it was a mixture of freshly cut grass, deodorant and a faint scent of weed.

I crumpled in his arms and he held onto me tight, stopping me from collapsing onto the floor. I'm an ugly crier, I make horrific snorting sounds and this happens to be one of my hysterical ones.

"Sh sh sh I got you, it's okay" he stroked my hair while I had my face buried into his chest, it was getting soaked with tears but I don't think he minds.

I wondered where Pope was, I mean it feels nice having JJ but I would've thought if JJ  left the hall then he would too.

{ Pope POV }

As soon as Kie dashed out crying, JJ and I immediately stood up to go after her. We made a run for it as the teachers were yelling at us, JJ was quick enough and made it out the door but I got held back by the massive ass gym teacher who blocked the door.

"Your not going anywhere-" he said bluntly
"But kie-"
"She can sort herself out"

"B-but what about JJ" I protested
"Don't worry we'll find him"

"Sir this ain't fair, she's my friend and she's crying. What the hell's wrong with you!" I tried to shove past him but he wouldn't budge.

I got the feeling again, this whole memorial thing was provoking it and now this shithead is gonna set it off. The whole school can hear me but I don't give a fuck what they think of me.