7 - Changes

{ Pope POV }

I looked down at the blonde broken boy who was asleep still in my arms, he was snoring softly. Most relaxed I've ever seen him.

He fell asleep about 15 minutes ago, after his mental breakdown, I knew it was going to happen at some point.

He had kept up his barricade for years and years, and he always had the same look in his eyes. Cold. They always looked like that because he didn't want anyone to be able to figure him out.

He's a master at portraying his emotions differently. He knows how to manipulate people and how they view him, but that could also be a fault to himself.

His breakdowns come in a special JJ form and that we saw last week, when he spent shit tons of money on an elaborate hot tub set.

But tonight a very different JJ was shown, something I have never really seen from him before. Vulnerability is one of them. Pure emotions is another. And a proper true breakdown, he had just lost his best friend and his own father had just beaten him to the point where he was knocked out. He really needed that breakdown.

I still felt like it was my fault though, I could of prevented all of this. After all I am 'the brains of the group'.

I decided that it was time to move JJ to the spare room so he can sleep properly. We were still sat on the floor and I didn't want to wake him up.

I looked to Kie who was leaning against the back of the sofa with her hands on her knees.

"Kie" I whispered
"Yeah" she whispered back lifting her head off her knees.
"Can you help me carry him to the bedroom?" I asked
"Sure" she replied

JJ still had his face in my chest that was soaked with tears and he was holding tight onto my shirt.

I didn't want to wake him up so I wrapped my arms around his waist and lifted him up.

Kie held onto his legs and we side walked to the spare room which was basically mine and JJ's, but most of the time when we were both here he let me sleep on the bed while he slept on the sofa.

And when I wasn't here he slept there, JJ was here way more often than me, he practically lives here.

We got in the room and I had to get on the bed with him because he had such a strong grip on my shirt.

I was worried that If I tried to take it out of his hands he would wake up. I was actually surprised that he was still asleep after that, he must be really tired.

"Goodnight" Kie said chuckling quietly
"I never thought I would ever see you two like that, especially him" she whispered pointing to JJ.

"Me too" I wispered laughing aswell
"Goodnight Kie"
"See ya" she said closing the door "oh and don't be too noisy, ok?" She winked before shutting the door.

"What the fuck! Kie get back here, it's not like that" I whisper shouted. She was standing outside the door and it sounded like she was dying of laughter.

She opened the door a tiny bit.
"I know I'm just joking" she whispered, and she walked away before I could say anything else.

It's funny she says that because I actually confessed to her a few days ago that I had feelings for her. Yes I was high as fuck but I actually meant what I said.

We haven't had a chance to talk about it yet, which reminds me that we should try to soon. I wanna be official.

I tried to lay down as comfortably as I could but it felt really wierd because I was so close to JJ.