12

Don't Hate Me

After the dinner had went on for sometime, the two families finally passed the awkward period and slowly became more familiar, the topic also changed from the 'national livelihood' to the two children's marriage's life.

"In the future ah, you guys have to forgive our family's Lisa. This girl ah, she had been spoiled rotten by me from when she's still small." The parents from both side had also changed from boasting about their children to revealing their inadequacies.

"In-law, what are you talking about? Lisa will be my daughter-in-law in the future, of course I have to spoil her too." The names in which they called each other had also evolved from Teacher Sara or Madam Jeon to 'in-law'.

Although the topic had turned to herself, but Lisa still didn't interrupt and continued eating her food silently.

"Ah, that's right, there's still something that we want to ask Lisa."

"En?" Hearing her name called, Lisa looked up in a hurry.

"This girl only knows how to eat. The adults are talking to you ah." Mrs. Manoban gave her a scornful look.

Lisa embarrassedly put down her chopsticks and smirked at her parents, "Auntie, please talk if there's anything, I'm listening."

"Still calling 'auntie' ah?" Hana looked at Lisa while dropping a hint towards her.

"Cough... mother." Lisa changed her form of address with a red face.

Hana suddenly felt happy, smiling until her eyes became a slit and then said, "It's like this, I know you young couple like living by yourselves, so I have discussed with your dad; if you and Jungkook want to live by yourselves, then we can help to prepare the house in advance."

"?..?" Lisa was taken aback. She never expected that Jungkook's family would offer her and Jungkook to live without them.

Not only was she surprised, but Mr. Manoban and his wife also felt that it was unexpected. Of course they wanted their daughter to live by themselves after marriage so they could move around easily. But with Jungkook's circumstances, how could the Jeon family be rest assured leaving him alone with their daughter? Thinking about it from another perspective, if it was Lisa that had autism, they themselves won't agree, and therefore, they never thought nor mentioned about it. It was really unexpected that the Jeon family took the initiative and brought this topic.

"That's right ah, Lisa what kind of house do you like? I'll let Jin buy it for you." Jungshin said.

"Yeah, I'll handle it." Seokjin also nodded.

"I... I..." Lisaturned her head to look at Jungkook subconsciously, but she saw Jungkook was lowering his head, still immersed in his own world and gave no reaction towards her gaze.

"It's okay, you can make the decision. Jungkook would have no problem with this." At this point, Hana still understood her own son. As long as Lisa was with him, he won't mind where he lives. What's more, from his abrupt moment just now, Jungkook suddenly started to be silent again. If Lisa wasn't even given the right to make this decision, how could they reassured her parents?

Lisa also knew that Jungkook couldn't give his advice, so she pondered about it and answered, "Ma, I want to live at your house for a period of time. After I become more familiar with Jungkook, then we'll move out to live by ourselves, is it alright?"