71

You Promised

  "After your cousin's incident, your father and I did worry about it for a while, but then we thought about it, we can't stop eating for fear of choking." Mrs. Manoban said, "I can't live in fear because I may get this disease in the future, it's not worth it."

 "That's right." Mr. Manoban nodded his head.

  "You participated in the whole process for Minnie's illness until she left." Mrs. Manoban looked at her daughter, "Although you haven't mentioned it, but I know, you must be very worried."

 Lisa nodded, she was indeed worried, but what she worries about is not her mother's sudden illness, but her family's reaction after her illness. Now, they seem to have figured it out for themselves.

  "Professor Lee also said that there is currently no way to detect this disease, and there is no way to treat it after onset. Thus, before there is an improvement in medicine, regardless of if I have this illness, we all can't do anything about it." Mrs. Manoban suddenly smiled, "Therefore our family shouldn't take it seriously. If it doesn't come, we will live a good life, if it does come, we have to live a good life now."

 "Okay." Lisa nodded heavily; this is what she wanted to hear the most. I wish I could clap my hands in agreement.

  Mr. Manoban also chimed in: "Ah, I recently called your mother's relatives and found out that many elders are still alive. What does this mean? It means we can be more optimistic."

  "If we are optimistic, then let's not talk about this illness anymore in the future." Mrs. Manoban announced.

  "Okay, from this moment on, we will not mention it to anyone as if we never found out." Mr. Manonban agreed.

  "Dad, do you have any wine at home?" Lisa suddenly wanted a drink.

  "Yes, Dad has a collection. We will all drink together." Mr. Manoban stood up with a smile and went to the wine cabinet to take out the Maotai that he had treasured for a long time. Mrs. Manoban also rarely drink and even took the initiative to go to the kitchen to get glasses and put them in front of him.

  Mr. Manoban took the remaining Maotais left and poured the wine one by one. When pouring for Jungkook, the wine glass was suddenly blocked by Lisa's hand.

  "What are you doing?" Marco glanced at his daughter.

  "Jungkook can't drink alcohol." Marco shook her head frantically towards her father, obviously recalling the pain of being dominated by math problems.

  "Oh~~" Father Manoban understood in seconds as he was also dragged into that night to solve math problems together until midnight, "Can't drink, Jungkook, you can't drink."

Mrs. Manoban was teased by her husband and daughter, then glanced at Jungkook, who already had a face full of grievances: "Isn't the family drinking together? Why can't he drink?"

  "......" The kind of question made it impossible to refute. If he doesn't drink, wouldn't that be the same as admitting that Jungkook is an outsider?

  Mrs. Manobn looked at her husband: How about we give some to Jungkook?

  Marco looked at his daughter: Pour or not pour?