65

At a Loss

  On the way back from the hospital to the studio, the sky suddenly filled with light snow. The snow was like grains of rice that fell from the sky onto the windshield. Before people could take a closer look, it had already turned into droplets of water.

  This should be this year's first snow, the pedestrians on the road were a little excited. Their hurried footsteps paused from the sudden snow and they took out their phones to take pictures.

Lisa also likes snow very much. If this were the past, she would definitely stop by the side of the road to enjoy it for a while, or call Jungkook to watch it with her. But at this moment, there was a crossroad in front of her, because the snowy road was slippery, and traffic became congested.

  Winter nights always come earlier. When she parked her car in the parking lot near the studio, the sky was already gray. Lisa looked out the window, and several shops along the road had even turned on their lights.

  It's 5:20pm and Jungkook will get off work after a while.

  Lisa got out of the car and locked it. She then accidentally discovered the pharmacy in the corner behind a row of sycamore trees. In the spring and summer, the trees were lush and leafy, and the pharmacy would be camouflaged and difficult to see. When autumn and winter caused the leaves to fall, Lisa discovered their studio was diagonally across from them. There was even a pharmacy along the road.

  "Girl, what medicine would you like to buy?"

  Lisa was shocked to discover that entered the pharmacy unknowingly. A 40 or 50-year-old elder sister in a white lab coat asked her with concern.

  "I... do you have contraceptives?" Lisa asked with difficulty.

  "Yes ah, what kind? The before or after contraceptives." The pharmacy elder sister asked, the person has already walked to the counter and placed the contraceptives there.

  "The after." Every time she answered a question,Lisa becomes extremely uncomfortable. Fortunately, the pharmacy elder sister didn't have strange eyes. She had a common expression as if she was doing business.

  "Then take this, it's useful to take it within 72 hours after." The pharmacy elder sister picked out a box of medicine and placed it in front of Lisa.

  Lisa looked at the white medicine box and didn't reach to take it after a long time.

  "Do you want it?" The elder sister urged.

  "Much... how much?" Lisa returned to her senses.

  "39."

  After receiving the money, the pharmacy elder sister handed over the medicine. Seeing the girl's blank face, she couldn't help but add a few words: "Little girl, if you want to have a child, just discuss getting married with your boyfriend."

  She has seen many people who come to buy contraceptives. None of them had this expression. The hesitation on her face was apparent, she obviously doesn't want this.

 "I'm married." Lisa replied subconsciously.

  "Your husband doesn't want children?"