Chapter 45

The Orthodoxies Quarrel, Princess Linglong Is Looking For A Companion

“Red rain is falling from the sky. A Supreme Honorable has fallen!”

“Who died? And who’s behind it?”

“There’s only one Supreme Honorable in White Cloud City and that person’s Ye Wuhen. Could it be that he’s the fallen Supreme Honorable?”

Everyone had witnessed the red rain.

Even if Chu Kuangren had wanted to, it was impossible to hide the truth.

Everyone was engulfed in shock knowing that a Supreme Honorable had fallen.

As Chu Kuangren walked amongst the street, he overheard all the whispers and gossips. Although indifferent on the outside, Chu Kuangren felt a sense of helplessness from within.

Fame was always an ingredient for disaster.

This time, he once again became the center of another controversy.

He was already blessed with a handsome appearance and an unprecedented talent. Now that his reputation had soared, would other cultivators not be jealous?

Chu Kuangren felt dispirited.

Soon enough, he arrived at the White Jade Hotel.

“Brother Chu, did you know what’s with that sudden surge of domineering auras a moment ago? What happened at the city hall?” Li Xingchen hastily approached Chu Kuangren. He was aware that Chu Kuangren had attended a banquet there.

Chu Kuangren nodded, “It’s nothing big. An Honorable was killed, that’s all.”

Li Xingchen and a group of people reacted in shock.

For a moment, they doubted their own hearing. Which part of an Honorable dying was not a big issue?

Hold on.

Li Xingchen seemed to realize something and asked, “An Honorable was killed… Brother Chu, did you kill that Honorable?”

The rest covered their mouths to conceal their laughter. They thought Li Xingchen was being ridiculous. How was Chu Kuangren capable enough to kill an Honorable?

What a joke. He was just a Nascent Soul cultivator.

“Yes.”

Chu Kuangren did not deny that statement.

The group was in disbelief. This bloke surely knew how to toot his own horn.

“A supreme genius indeed, no one could match that thick skin of his. He didn’t even think it through before he went on with his ridiculous stories,” someone muttered in the crowd.

Li Xingchen laughed along and said, “Brother Chu, you sure know how to tell a good joke.”

“By the way, Brother Li, Ye Lei is also dead. I killed him as well. I thought I should inform you first,” Chu Kuangren did not mind whether everyone bought his story. He calmly passed the news to Li Xingchen.

Li Xingchen’s mood changed a little. He looked at Chu Kuangren for a good moment before he sighed and lamented, “What a shame. That person was one of the most talented cultivation experts. I didn’t think he would have fallen so soon.”

Although it was apparent that Li Xingchen sympathized with Ye Lei, there was no hint of sadness at all on his face.

Chu Kuangren was surprised and asked, “Was he not your friend?”