Chapter 74

Shang Han’s Challenge, No Difference At All, Shattered Hopes

The Royal Azure King had publicly announced Chu Kuangren as the Fiancé of the Royal Azure Dynasty’s Eldest Princess!

That news alone was like a tossed stone that stirred up thousands of ripples as all the sky-prides present had a complicated feeling within them. At that same time, they also thought about how the alliance between the Royal Azure Dynasty and Black Heaven Sect would impact the former’s power.

However, no matter what, the fact that Chu Kuangren was now the Fiancé of the Royal Azure Dynasty’s Eldest Princess had been established.

The crowd of people in the banquet could only stare at him with looks of jealousy and contempt.

‘Possessing a Supreme Daoist Physique, having peerless talents, and coming from a Black Heaven Sect sage orthodoxy with various cultivation resources available at demand, and now Chu Kuangren has become the Fiancé of the Royal Azure Dynasty’s Eldest Princess; even Princess Linglong who has unparalleled beauty is now…’

‘Oh right, there’s also Lan Yu who was even more devoted to him as well.’

‘Powerful techniques, beautiful women, properties of wealth, and pieces of land. All of these are things that cultivators should not yearn to possess!’

‘Yet Chu Kuangren alone possesses all of them!’

‘How can anyone not feel jealous of him? How can anyone not despise him for what he has?’

Chu Kuangren sat in his place and paid no heed to the dozens of gazes that were as sharp as knives. ‘What’s the matter, scared to make a move?’

“Brother Chu, you are indeed full of surprises.” Sitting beside him, Li Xingchen hurriedly leaned towards him with an impressed expression.

‘Take a look at this guy. Saying all those things about not having any interests, but he still went and took Princess Linglong for himself without anyone knowing.’

‘That’s f*cking awesome!’

“With Princess Linglong’s noble position and Royal Azure Dynasty behind your back, Brother Chu, you have obtained a huge benefit for yourself,” Li Xingchen said.

“I for one think that being able to be the Master’s Fiancée is a culmination of the karmic blessing that Princess Linglong has cultivated for eight lifetimes,” Lan Yu who was beside them said with a somewhat bitter tone.

Li Xingchen then thought for a while. “Yeah, it does make some sense.”

Chu Kuangren had the heavenly looks of a fairy, vast amounts of talent, and also a high ranking status in the world of cultivation. Compared to Princess Linglong, he would appear better if not similar.

If Princess Linglong was said to be the best among the young female cultivators, then Chu Kuangren would be the most unique and peerless one among the male cultivators.

The more Li Xingchen thought, the more he felt that it made sense. He further lamented, “Wait until the news of this spreads, who knows how many female cultivator’s hearts will be broken then.”

“You must be joking. That’s too ridiculous!”

Chu Kuangren laughed.

“The Royal Azure Dynasty is one of the best Sage Orthodoxies in the world, so its Elder Princess’s Fiancé should naturally be one of the best talents in this world too.”

At that point, the voice suddenly rang out.

It was Shang Han, the Shang Clan’s Young Emperor.