Chapter 72

I’ve Been Sold Off, Clear Boundaries, A Talkative Queen

Capital City, inside one of the rooms of an inn.

Chu Kuangren had just woken from his closed-door meditation. In just a few days, Chu Kuangren had achieved a preliminary mastery of the Gluttonous Devouring Technique based on the level of understanding he had in the Dao and the help he got from the Black Light Sage’s corpse.

That technique was a very powerful one and would be of great use to Chu Kuangren. However, it could easily harm a person’s karmic luck, so it had to be used with caution.

It was true.

Luck and merits existed in this world of cultivation. Based on this belief, numerous cultivators who possessed terrifying powers dared not go on a killing spree, for fear that their karma would incur debts and accumulate bad luck.

“You’re finally awake, little fella. Did you make any progress?”

The Seventh Forefather’s voice came from the void.

“Yeah, somewhat I guess,” Chu Kuangren replied gently.

“Good to hear. Listen, I have some news to tell you, kid. To be able to make Princess Linglong yours, you really are not short in terms of luck, looks, or prosperity.”

Chu Kuangre was just taking a drink of water when he heard what the Seventh Forefather told him, and he immediately spat it all out. His face was full of shock. “How did you know about this Seventh Forefather!”

“Not only me, kid. Even the Sect Leader and all the others know.”

“What’s going on?”

Chu Kuangren hurriedly asked.

“The Sect Leader has agreed to an alliance between the Black Heaven Sect and the Royal Azure Dynasty two days ago. And you kid will soon be the Fiancé of the Royal Azure Dynasty’s Eldest Princess.”

Chu Kuangren was dumbfounded.

What in the world had happened during the days that he underwent a closed-door meditation?

Only a few days had passed and he was already sold off?

‘How much was I sold off for?’

‘Maybe split some of it with me?’

“No, wait. Seventh Forefather, why didn’t you inform me earlier?”

“Her Royal Highness Princess Linglong has already given you her Godly Essence. Now that the people from the lady’s side are at your door, don’t tell me you’re thinking of backing them down?”

The Seventh Forefather teased.

“Princess Linglong and I did that for valid reasons. Besides, we were just trying to protect ourselves when we decided to do that. We have no feelings for each other at all. ”

“It’s alright, kid. Relationships can be nurtured and built up gradually. If you really are not fond of her, you can still settle that matter on paper when the time comes and when you’re even more powerful.”

Chu Kuangren was speechless.

‘How can I do this? That’s too scummy even for me!’

However, Chu Kuangren seemed to understand something else from the Seventh Forefather’s words. “So we’re letting me be under the Royal Azure Dynasty’s protection.”

“Yeah, right on all accounts.”

“The first reason we agreed this was that an alliance with the Royal Azure Dynasty will benefit and serve to help both parties. Secondly, we did it because of you.”