FIFTEEN

Me, Sua, Sujin and Ju sit down at the 'night of the 8th Saebom Festival' concert and make conversation as we sway to the music and laugh with each other before the night is ruined.

"This song is not widely known, but it is a song of the late Jeong Seyeon, who I was a big fan of, who left this world a year ago."

"Jeong Seyeon? Isn't that the singer who committed suicide last year?"

"She's right!"

"Why does it have to be this song?! Han Seojun might start things with Suho again!" Sujin says

"Why? Is there a history between them?" Sua questions

"They were close. Han Seojun, Lee Suho, Jeong Seyeon and... Jeon Violet" She explains and before I can listen to anymore, I stumble to get up, ignoring the stares from other students, including my friends and run away.

Once I am out of view of everyone, tears escape my eyes as I listen to the song once again.

*flashback*

"Violet!!" I hear and turn and see Seyeon running over.

"Are you okay? Was is your dad again?" he questions

"Yeah," I whisper and he pulls me away from the route heading to my house.

"You can stay at my house, let's go!" and we walk to his house, feeling better already from laughing and joking with Seyeon.

"Seyeon, you know, I'm glad to have you as my unbiological brother," I tell him, feeling all sentimental.

"I'm glad to have you as my unbiological sister as well. Now stop being sappy and watch the movie," He laughs and I smile before turning my head to the TV again.

- - - - -

I am recording a song on my phone, when I get a phone call from Seyeon, which I pick up straight away.

"Violet, I'm sorry," I hear Seyeon cry.

"What? Seyeon, what's wrong?" I ask, worried and pushing my notebook aside.

"You believe me right? That I didn't bully those kids?" He asks

"Of course I do. Where are you? I'll come to you, please just tell me where you are?" I start crying and become very scared.

"Suho will believe me right? Then he can talk to his dad. I have to go, I'll call you later," He tells me 

"Of course he will!! Where are you?! I'll come help you!!" I cry but it is too late and the phone call cuts off.

I pace back and forth in my living room, waiting for a call or text from Seyeon, giving up on trying to call or text him after my many messages and missed calls.

"Maya! Come here!" I hear the door slam and turn around to see my dad, drunk and angry as usual.

"Not now," I beg and keep staring at my phone.

"What? Not now?!" He yells and storms over.

"Listen to me when i tell you what to do!" He yells and i fee a hand connect with my cheek, knocking me to the floor.

"What! What do you want?" I say through gritted teeth and before he can do anything, my phone rings so I grab it and dash into my room before he can do anything to stop me.

"Seyeon! Where are you? Are you okay" I ramble, ignoring the banging on my door

"I'm okay, Lettie. Everything will be okay. I just want you to know that no matter what, I won't leave your side and I will always protect you. Please live your life happy and full, Vi. Live for the both of us. Live your life the way I couldn't. Fall in love. Have kids and tell them our stories. You were a sister to me since the second we met and I'm so glad I met you. Please take care of Suho and Seojun, as well. We both know tell them I love them and I'm glad I met the 3 of you. Even though I'm not here physically, I will always be here to guide and protect you. Don't be sad for too long. Goodbye, princess."

"Seyeon? Seyeon!" I cry and I quickly put on my shoes and run out of my room, barging past my dad, running down the stairs and out of the house. I fly down the street to the one place I know he may be but when I turn the corner, I see blood on the floor and a body being carried out by a stretcher and Suho on the floor crying.

A bloody hand falls, and I instantly recognise the silver, chain bracelet with a key on it that the 4 of us always wear.

No... What happened...

*end of flashback*

I snap out of it and turn around to leave but I see Suho hunched over instead with Jugyeong next to him. I go to walk over but he runs before I can move even a step. I push down my tears and decide to carry out my promise to Seyeon and I run after him, knowing exactly where he will be.