TWENTY-EIGHT

"Why were you been avoiding me today?" He asks

"What? I wasn't," I explain

"Really?" He asks

"Of course not," I assure him

"Should we ask the lie detector?" He jokes

"Why? It's a stupid game that gives shocks randomly," I laugh.

"Whatever," He mutters and looks away.

"There's not even a single bench out here," He continues as we keep walking at a slow pace.

"It's so pretty out her at night, I wish I could see the stars. I blame the clouds" I say as I shiver slightly from the wind blowing.

"Look!" I say, as I point at a canoe at the side of the river.

"Come on!!" I smile and we climb into the boat and Suho starts rowing us out to the middle.

"I looks as if we are in a painting. It's so beautiful," I say, as Suho stops rowing and we just drift with the water, travelling which ever way it takes us.

"I know," He says and we sit in a comfortable silence.

"Why don't I turn some music on?" I ask but when I check my phone , I have no service. "Never mind"

"We can use my phone," He says and pulls out his phone.

A beautiful song plays and I instantly recognise his voice.

"Is this..."

"Seyeonie." He finishes "You're the first person to hear this song," He explains.

"I love his voice," I sigh and listen to him singing.

"I'm going to take a picture," I say and pull out my phone and try to take a few selfies but stop when I get Suho in the background and he looks away.

"I'm sorry. I'm guessing you still hate pictures. But... can I ask why?" I ask, carefully.

"of course. Growing up with my dad who attracted alot of attention from the media caused me a lot of trauma." He explains.

"It must have been hard," I say and look down at my hand on my lap.

"Why did you stop?" He asks and I look confused for a second before I pull out my phone again and start taking a few of just the water.

"Do you like taking pictures?" He questions.

"Yeah. I used to not care and stay away from them but my views changed after Seyeonie died. I want pictures to look back on and have those memories. I really like it now," I explain.

"What about her on the boat? Do you like this?" He continues

"Yeah, I do." I answer.

"Then, do you like listening to music?" He continues again

"Yeah," I say and pause to look at him.

"Would you like to take a picture with me?" he asks and when I nod, he balances and comes to sit right next to me, making my heart speed up. I hold up my phone and make sure both of us are in shot before taking a few pictures, that turn out really well.

I meet his eyes and zone out when a moth flies straight into my face. I drop my phone and stand up, trying to swat it away but instead, I lose my balance and fall into the water. I try to swim to the top but I start to panic and then I see Suho swimming towards me. He grabs onto my waist and pulls up and we swim over to the bank and get out.

"I'm so sorry!!" I say as we are both drenched and are walking bet.

"It's okay. Do you want to head back?" He questions and I think before shaking my head.

"I want to stay here a little longer," I explain and smile at him.

"It's cold, isn't it?" He says and puts his arms, around me trying to keep me warm as we walk back.

"We don't want your body temperature to fall," He says and rubs my forearms up and down to warm me up.

"Aren't you cold?" I ask, now worried about him

"I'm fine. Come on," He smiles and I look down, blushing.

I see a light a head and look to see who it is before Sujin walks into view. I panic and Suho steps forward so I push him and duck behind a tree when she shines the light in this direction.

I watch them and wait for them to leave and take a step back before I trip and fall backwards down a hill, getting covered in mud, as well as being wet. Great.

I stand up and try to get some of the mud off but it isn't working. I see a well so I go and sit on the edge of it as I pick leaves and twigs out of my hair and try to get the mud off of my face before I head back.

I hear people coming and they whisper so I jump up to see who it is. It Chorong and his friends they just scream and run away before I can say anything.

I hear Seojun coming, shouting Chorong and remember what I look like so I hide behind tree so he can't see me, To my luck, I fall back again and fall out from behind the tree. I freeze for a few seconds, before running past him and hiding my face with my hair and I find a bench to sit on.

I pull out my phone and see a text from Suho.

Suho: Where are you?

Suho: Why aren't you back?

Violet: I just got back

I look at the pictures of me and Suho and set one as my home screen, so people can't see it unless they unlock my phone and head back to the camp, where I clean up.