EIGHTEEN

*Few Days Later*

It has been a few days since my study session with Jugyeong and nothing to eventful has happened, as all I have been doing is school work and studying. I am currently treating myself and decided to head to a nearby burger place.

"Hi, can I have..." I recite of my order and sit down and wait for it to be ready.

"Order number 2! Your food is ready!" I look around and see that Jugyeong is here as well but hasn't seen me either.

"Yah, Lim..." I go to shout but freeze when I see who is behind her. It is my cousin, Semi. We never got along and she would always lie to everyone about me up until I left last year.

"Who's this? Lim Jugyeong?" I hear her say and turn to see her talking to Ju. When Ju falls to the floor, I get fed up and stand up to go and help her but she has already ran out.

I see Semi pick something up and I see Ju's wallet so I walk over to retrieve it.

"You as well? I didn't realise you were back in Korea. People thought maybe you'd left from being embarrassed." She jokes in her own sadistic way "Who knew you would come crawling back," She laughs.

"Yah, didn't your mother teach you not to take other people stuff?" I snap before snatching the wallet from her hand and before I can leave, her minions stop me from leaving.

"Hey! Give it back! That's mine," Saemi says and grips my wrist tight, making it hurt but I don't show it and  just give her and her friends a cold stare before walking out.

"Let go, Semi," I say, trying to sound confident but I don't. I thought I could handle it and just grab Ju's wallet but clearly I bit off more than I can chew.

Gathering the courage, I rip my wrist from her grip, ignoring the pain and running out if the shop.

I quickly look around and head to the alleyway, guessing they'd be there and when I walk around the corner and see Jugyeong leaning on the wall with Suho closely in front of her, making my heart drop a little

"Jugyeong! Here!" I say and hand her the wallet she dropped, holding back my tears.

"Thank you," She says before running off, avoiding eye contact with Suho.

"I have to go. I'll see you guys later!" I say and turn to leave.

"Wait! Are you okay?" Suho asks, grabbing my wrist before I could walk away and gently rubbing at the red mark that Saemi caused.

"Yeah, I'm used to it. She has always been like this," I tell him and I finally allow a the tears to fall down my cheeks. Before we leave the alleyway, he pulls me and Jugyeong up the stairs.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"I saw Seojun and Chorong. I don't want them to start anything," He explains, as we hide against the wall to keep us hidden.

"Are they gone yet?" Jugyeong ask, as we stand around, waiting for them to leave. He glances to the side and nods.

"Okay," I say, but even though they have gone we stand for a few more moments, looking at each other, awkwardly.

"Should we go? Do I look like I've been crying?" I ask, rubbing my eyes and cheeks.

"A little," Jugyeong tells me and I wipe my eyes one final time.

"Here," He says and puts his hat on my head, nonchalantly.

"Cute" he mutters and teasingly pulls it down to cover my eyes before he walks out of the alleyway, leaving me and Ju to catch up with him and head to the bus stop.