THIRTY-SIX

"Get home safely!! I'm really sorry!!" I say as Jugyeong and her dad leave Suho's apartment. I shut the door and turn to Suho feeling really embarrassed.

I groan into my hands and walk into Suho's chest.

"That was so embarrassing!" I say and he laughs and strokes the back of my head.

"It will be okay. Come on, I'll walk you to the bus stop," He says and I grab my now clothes in a bag and we leave.

When we get there, the bus is just pulling up so I turn to Suho and smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I say and wave before climbing on the bus.

- - - - -

I wake up the next morning and get ready for school and have some breakfast before I open my door to leave. I stop when I notice on my door and instantly call my mom to see what is happening.

Mom: Violet? What's wrong?

Violet: Why do I have an eviction notice on my door?!

Mom: Oh.

Mom: I thought I had more time than this

Mom: I'm really sorry but I guess we have been struggling for money at the moment

Mom: When does it say you have to leave by? I'll try to have the money by then.

Violet: Forget it, Mom

Violet: Keep the money for you and Grandma to live

Violet: I will ask my friend if I can stay with her

Mom: Are you sure?

Mom: Tell me if she says no and I will do something about it, okay?

Violet: Okay, mom.

Violet: I have to go, I've got school

I hang up the phone and put the eviction notice on the counter before leaving and locking the door

- - - - -

I go into class and spot Jugyeong at her desk with Sua and Sujin. I drop my bag on my desk and run over to Ju.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask and she nods before following me outside.

"I'm really sorry but, if it's okay with you, can you ask your parents if it is okay if I stay with you for a while?" I request, nervously.

"Sure. But why?" She questions

"My mum has really been struggling for money recently and can't pay for the apartment anymore. So I have to move out," I explain

"Of course. My mum loves you anyway, so I'm sure she'll agree and I think my dad has already forgiven you," She assures me

"Really? Thank you," I say and hug her, feeling extremely thankful towards the girl i call my best friend.

It takes me a few moments but I pull away from the hug and calm myself down and wipe my eyes, getting rid off the tears I've been holding in

"Let's go," I smile and we walk into the class with my hair covering my eyes, so people can't see my watery eyes

- - - - -

I walk to Sujin and hand her a strawberry drink before sitting between next to her.

"Does your head feel better?" I ask

"It feels better now that I'm getting some fresh air. It's a really nice day out today," She answers

"Yes, the clouds are pretty. I have something I need to tell you today,"

"You have something to tell me?"

"Yes. I wanted to tell you before I told anyone else," I explain.

"Well..." I try to say and touch my necklace.

"Ah, I have something to tell you as well," She cuts me off

"Do you know how Jugyeong told us that she is scared to show her bare face to our friends because she's worried they will hate her? I couldn't tell you this that day, but I have something similar," She tells me.

"What? Is there something wrong?" I ask

"When my dad gets angry, he hits me sometimes," She reveals and I become shocked.

"You didn't know did you? It's because I act like I'm fine. I'm good at that. I thought I had done a good job at hiding it but Suho turned out to know everything and now that he sees me without my mask, I don't think I can keep pretending. Pretending not to like him and to be his friend. I like Lee Suho. So I'm having a hard time treating him like before. I'm telling you this because I'm frustrated and your one of my best friends." She tells me and I look at down. I can't believe she had to go through all that. I feel so bad.

"Lets go inside!!" She says, snapping me out of my day dream. I nod and 8grab her hand and we walk back to class together

***

- - - - -

"Violet!! Where are you going?!" I turn and see Suho running up to me.

"We have a study group. So we can leave together," he steps closer and whispers the last part. Before I can say anything, Sujin runs over to us.

"I don't think I can make it today. Something came up," I partially lie and turn and leave and go home.

- - - - -

I rest on my bed before my phone buzzes from beside me.

Suho: Meet me at prince comics?

Suho: Gowoon isn't here. Don't worry.

Violet: Okay

I get up again and leave my house before heading to the comic book store

I walk into the back and see Suho waiting for me with 2 bags. He pulls me to sit next to him on the sofas.

"Here. Did you eat any medicine? I brought all different kinds because I didn't know your symptoms. And you have to eat the porridge, as well." He rambles and empties out both of the bags.

"Suho, I'll be fine after some rest," I laugh.

"You should still take some medicine. Hurry and eat your porridge," he says and hands me a spoon.

"Thank you," I say and eat a spoonful but I flinch when it is too hot and I burn my mouth.

"Cool it down before you eat it. Eat the meat too," He says, babying me. I tear up and look at him

"What's wrong?!" He asks, panicking.

"Thank you so much. I don't deserve this," I sniffle and he smile before rubbing my back.

"Shhh, just eat," He comforts and kisses my temple.