First Day - Class: Part 2

Dahlia's POV:

Jade and walk into algebra. "Girls over here!" Rachel says waving her hand. "Hey Rach," I say as Jade and I walk over to her and sit down. "Hey," She replies, "Is it just me or are a lot of the kids older than us" Jade says, I look around the classroom. 

"Well students were given a choice between Algebra, Pre Algebra, Calculus, and Pre Calculus," Rachel says. "I know Bianca choose Calculus, and I think Kiana is in the other algebra class" Rachel continues. 

"I remember Hazel telling me she's taking Pre Algebra, and Fiona I think was taking Algebra in Kiana's class," I say. "So who's the teacher," Rachel asks, "On my timetable, it says someone named Julius Malcolm, but I've never heard of them" Rachel continues. 

"He must be new," Jade says. "I think so. Apparently according to Jayden, every term or year they get a new math teacher" Jade continues to say. "Wait really," I ask, "Yeah it's so weird," Jade says. The second bell rings. we all turn to face the front.

"Welcome students to Algebra," The teacher says. "My name is Julius Centennial Malcolm. But you can call me Professor Malcolm or Professor M" He says righting his name on the board. Why have I heard that name before? I try to remember. I think my mother told me something about a Centennial Malcolm person before. I just can't remember.

"Now students open up your textbooks and flip to page 194," He says erasing his name and writing the page number on the blackboard. We all get our textbooks and flip to page 194. As you can see there is an equation.

"Read page 194 and 195, and if you flip to page 196, there are a list of equations starting from page 196 all the way until page 204

"Read page 194 and 195, and if you flip to page 196, there are a list of equations starting from page 196 all the way until page 204. I expect you to complete this by tomorrow where we will go over it first thing in the morning" He continues to talk. 

"Second Years If you flip to page 867 you will find a chapter review of exponents. I expect you to finish all 10 pages by Wednesday, and we will review them as soon as class starts." He says beginning to write our homework on the board. 

You may start "You may leave the classroom to do your work if you want," He says. Immediately around ten students get up and rush out the door. "Should we go?" Rachel asks, "I guess" I say. We all get up and leave grabbing our stuff. 

"Where should we study?" Jade asks, "What about Capes and Cowls" I suggest. "We have a free period after this, so we could get some smoothies," I say. Sounds good, "I'll text the girls to meet us here once they finish class" I pull out my phone and type the message in the group chat.

We fly to capes and cowls and go inside. "I can't believe this place is still open," Rachel says, "What do you mean?" Jade asks her, "She means it's been here for so long, you know, it's been here since our parents were in school," I say. 

"Oh yeah, it has been here for a long time," Jade realizes, then a man walks up to us, "Hello how can I help yo-" He stops his sentence and just stares at us, I look at the girls, before turning back to him. "Sir are you okay," I ask.