Don't Be Suspicious

Dahlia's POV:

"Are we all agreed to move on from this situation?" Mage asks, She gets a chorus of yes and Definitely. "Reminder, you lot haven't attended class for a few days" Faith reminds us, "We know, we've just been busy with the mission and stuff," I say. "At least you take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to do the radio. We can't work without our hosts" Jayden reminds me.

"Well I've got math class next period so I suppose it's important," I say, "Same," Rachel says, "I mean, I've got Art, it's my favourite subject, so no complaints from me" Kiana states, "I suppose that suggests that we should all get going" Mage suggests.

"Come on Rach," I say to Rachel, we fly to class, and as we land and walk inside, I notice jade hasn't shown up yet, she's probably with Iris still. Best friends have to stick together after all. 

"Welcome class, I don't know if many of you have been paying attention to the announcements, however, Principal Waller has officially set a date for the math bowl. We need to best team as we're going up against schools like Interstellar Magnet, Elite Prep, and Gotham City High." 

"So, today I have worksheets for you, teams will be decided by the grades of everyone based on this worksheet" Professor Malcolm states as he hands out the papers and leaves the class. I look at Rachel, "Can he do that?" I ask her, "I have no idea" She replies with a follow-up question. 

"Since when were extracurriculars based on grades in school? Sure there's tryouts and stuff but SHHS doesn't force their students to do math" Rachel asks. "I know, weird right? something's not right. He can't just disappear during class" I tell her.

"Let's follow him," I say getting up out of my seat, "What if we get in trouble? What if we're paranoid?" Rachel asks me, "We wouldn't be heroes if we didn't take risks, plus there's no rule against leaving class anyway'' I say. "Shouldn't we finish our math?" She asks me.

"You and I both know that we finished while we were talking, the questions aren't hard," I say, "Maybe for us" She laughs. She lifts up our papers using her magic and places them on Professor Malcolm's Desk before getting up. 

"I'm in," She says to me, we fly out of the classroom, "Where did he go?" Rachel asks, "You go left, I'll go right. If you see him, let me know and I'll meet you there, If I see him, I'll let you know and you make a portal to where I am. Got it?" I ask her. "Got it."

We split in different directions. I fly down the hallway until I spot the end of his glasses on the floor. "Rach I think I might see something," I tell her, "On it" She makes a portal and appears beside me. "There, I think that's the end of his glasses," I tell her, She shrugs her shoulder, "Only one way to find out," She says. 

We land on the floor and start walking. We turn down the hallway and see Professor Malcolm with Ciana, Carlos, Julien, and June their younger sister. June is crying, Ciana is about to burst into tears, Julien looks deep in thought, and Carlos just looks confused. 

"Oh Rachel, Dahlia! My apologies, I didn't see you" He says when he spots us. "What can I do for you?" He asks. "Um we just wanted to let you know that we were done with our worksheets, but um..." Rachel and I fly up to Ciana and her siblings. "Are you all okay?" We ask them. 

Ciana picks up June and gives her a tissue. "Our parents are getting a divorce. Julien and June are moving to Plant Korugar so Julien can finish school at Korugar Academy" Ciana explains. "When are you leaving?" I ask Julien. 

"In two days. Mom and dad are giving me some time to pack up. Then we're flying home and we'll be there for the next two days so June and I can retrieve our stuff, then we're leaving. Blackfire already volunteered to give us a lift to Korugar. Bethany's already spoke to the principal and everything's already set." Julien says.

"Bethany? Blackfire's daughter? Brynn's sister? The one who chose to go to Korugar instead of SHHS?" Rachel asks, Julien nods his head. "She's visiting Brynn this week anyways so her mom said that they'll pick us up when she returns to Korugar" He explains.

"Who else knows?" I ask, "Seraphina, Sabrina, Jayden, River, Brooke, Mage, the fourth years, Bailey, Samuel, and the twins," Julien says. The Ciana's com bracelet goes off. "June mom's outside, you need to go," Ciana tells her younger sister. The two girls hug once more before June runs to the entrance.

"Well students, as much as I would love to stay here and help you solve this issue, I'm afraid I must return to my class. Dahlia, Rachel, you're free to do whatever you feel for the remainder of the class. Read pages 482 to 489 for homework and complete the worksheets in the textbook." Professor Malcolm says getting up and leaving. 

"Maybe he's just a normal teacher and we're being paranoid" Rachel says to me, "Normal? What are you talking about?" Carlos asks, "We thought Professor Malcolm was hiding something from us so we followed him, but then we found you" Rachel explains. 

"Oh Professor Malcolm is definitely hiding something," Julien says, "Brooke said that she and Mage caught him snooping in their dorm, and Freya told me that Matilda and Molly caught him spying on them. Turns out he put a tracker on Mage as well, though you probably shouldn't put a tracker on someone  has psionic powers."  

"He walked down this hallway, and that's when he found us sitting here" Carlos states, "He seemed like he was in a rush but then he stopped to check on us" Ciana explains, "Yeah cause you can't just leave students crying in the hallways unless you want to lose your job" Carlos adds. "Yeah, that" Ciana says.

Rach and I turn and look at each other. "That means we were right," Rachel says, "It's the curse of the math teachers," Carlos says out of nowhere. Rachel looks at her boyfriend. "What?" He asks, "The curse of the math teacher. You know, every year or semester we get a new one? The curse?" Carlos states. "Sure," Ciana replies rolling her eyes.

"Well, you kiddos can deal with this. I'm heading back to my dorm since I have some packing to do" He tells us. "I'll see you guys later" With that, Julien walks away, "You're only a year older than me!" Carlos calls to him, "Whatever" He yells back.

Just then, the door to the principal's office swings open. "What's going on! No yelling in the halls!" Grodd exclaims. Rachel immediately makes a portal to their dorm for us as we all rush through quickly.