TENSION| 4

My mouth flies wide open. Heat rising in me, causing for my cheeks to redden. Ethan's words aroused me, but I do not approve of his tone of voice.

I replay his words in my head.

'Your mine,' I question his seriousness and sanity.

This is our first real interaction. It is too soon to make such claims.

He could at least buy me dinner before proclaiming me as his property.

Ethan gets up from kneeling, pulling me up with him. The tug is quick and strong. I struggle to maintain balance on my feet.

He leans down to get closer to my face. I step back instinctively but his left arm wraps behind me, keeping me from moving back.

"You're mine," he snarls at me.

His eyes burning into me. Ethan's grip gets tighter, closing the space between us. I am practically on my tippy toes, inches from his face.

"Now, stop lying and tell me who you sneaked in here to see."

I put my hands against his hard chest, attempting to loosen his grip. Ethan does not budge.

I yell, "can you let go of me? I do not know what's your problem, but I suggest you chill out. I would never come in this forest if I were consciously thinking. Most importantly, I just met you. I belong to no one." 

My head is fuming. How dare he accuse me of coming into the forest to see someone?

I know better. I would never come into the forest for a man. There is no man that good looking worth the risk. Well...besides the asshole in front of me.

Crystal steps in and takes his arm off me. I move closer to my friend, interlocking my arm with hers.

"Ethan, it's not what you are thinking. She doesn't know anything. She is just scared," Crystal states.

"Oh really... then, why is her wound basically healed? That's not normal for a human. She obviously accepted who ever bit her... like hell I would let that happen. She is MY MATE," Ethan responds harshly to Crystal.

Ethan attempts to reach after my hand, but Crystal swipes it away.

He is visibly pissed off and gets dangerously close to us. Josh steps in, getting in front of us.

Josh stands guard, raising his voice, "Ethan, chill it. Me and Crystal have known Lilly since we were kids. She is not one of us. Also, be mindful to who you are talking to. Crystal is MINE and YOUR sister."

I intercept, "one of you.... What are y'all talking about? Why would I openly let a wolf bite me... and mate? That's it. Your mad shit crazy."

Mr. Adams chimes in, "okay, everyone needs to take five. Crystal, sweety, take Lilly into your room and make her comfortable."

Crystal nods, taking me up the stairs, almost huffing at Ethan as she turns us around. I start to notice the size of their home as I make my way upstairs, glancing one last time at Ethan.

Once we enter Crystal's room, I see my friend's style all around the room. It is mostly neutral colors with purple accents. This screams Crystal.

Crystal sits me down on the bed. She starts to take out clothes from her drawers.

"Crystal, what is up with your brother?"

"Don't worry about that now. I'll tell you everything later, but first just take a shower. Then, lay down. Get some rest. I'm going to go downstairs and see what's up. I'll be back."

Crystal points towards a door in her room, "that over there is the restroom. Just make yourself at home."

Crystal walks toward the bedroom door. She looks back at me to make sure I am alright. I give her a gentle smile and watch as she leaves.

I get up from the bed and walk towards the restroom door. I turn on the lights and notice my appearance. My hair is a mess, and the oversize t-shirt does nothing for my figure.

Come on, I'm small but I know I got more curves than this.

With the thought, I clearly confirmed to myself that I have lost my mind. Should I really be worried about looking flat?

As much as I hate to admit it, the reasoning behind going shopping earlier was to find an outfit worthy enough for my re-introduction to Ethan. But those feelings are gone.

He is a jerk. He is hot, but a jerk.

I take off my pants, then the shirt. I study myself in the mirror, unable to resist the urge to stare at the bite mark. Something about it seems beautiful.

I quickly dismiss these intrusive thoughts as I remember Ethan's words, 'she obviously accepted who ever bit her.'

I shake my head to clear my mind. Ethan is crazy. I would never let a wolf bite me willingly, that is psychotic. How can Ethan insinuate that I can have a relationship with an animal?

Suddenly, the piecing blue eyes from the hooded individual came to mind, who oddly resembled the wolf.

What is it about those eyes? I can't stop picturing them.

It must be because I am scared. It must be. All my thoughts dissipate as I remove my undergarments and gets under the scolding hot water. I begin to feel my muscles relax, feeling at peace. I wash my body with soap, rubbing my abdomen in circles.

I start to think in the proximity me and Ethan had just a few minutes ago. Our bodies were against each other, his arms sustaining me up, ensuring that I did not leave his side.

He seems so strong. I start to envision being picked up by him effortlessly. I smile at the thought. I would love that.

I would love to wrap my legs around his waist, getting closer access to his lips. His firm, but juicy looking lips. I drop the soap, interrupting my daydream.

I finish taking a shower and change into the clothes Crystal gave me. I lay down, my eyes getting heavier by the second. As my eyes drift close, I begin to feel a familiar presence.

When I reopened them, I found myself in the forest.

------------------------

What do you want to happen?