UNCOVER| 18

Joshua

I am having a hard time getting my head wrap around the events that just unfolded. One second, I am fighting Ethan about to tear his heart out. Next thing I know I am back into my human form unable to make any movements.

I see Lilly walk towards Ethan and me. As she gets closer to Ethan, my blood boils. I do not understand why I am unable to kill Ethan now. Hate is all I feel, yet nothing is happening.

I do not want Lilly to get near us. I know it is just moments before I lose myself again. Plus, I do not want to see her near Ethan. If she gets near Ethan, then I will make sure to kill him this time around.

Lilly finally arrives at our destination and examines us. Although I have not interacted with her much, I can tell she is consumed with worry. I sense it through the mate bond. The irritating fact is that she is not just worried for me, but Ethan as well.

I am going to make sure to address that with her when I take her home. I see her reach out towards Ethan's chest wound. I let out a growl as a warning. It is clear to me that she is still unaware who she belongs too.

Just as I am about to pull her back towards my side, she looks at me and commands me to stop. I am amused by her.

This little mate really has some nerve telling me what to do.

I attempt to reach her, but I am unable to move. This is the second time I felt incapable of moving.

Is this Lilly's doing?

I see Lilly face Ethan again, placing her palm on the chest wound I had inflicted on Ethan. Bringing her forehead in front of Ethan's, she closes her eyes.

I would give anything to know what she is thinking, but it is like I am being blocked out. I attribute this to the fact that she is embracing another male.

I start to get angry with myself. I obviously went to easy on her back in the forest. I am going to make sure she is punished later.

Then, I start to notice a darker area around her chest. I take a whiff of the air and confirm; she is bleeding. Ethan, on the other hand, no longer has the claw mark.

I do not know how this can be. Lilly turns her attention to me. She is clearly in agony. I want to help, but no matter how much I try I cannot move.

I always knew having a human as a mate was going to be troublesome. They are so fragile and can never manage to stay alive. It is like self-preservation is a foreign concept to them.

Lilly gets to me, placing her hand on my shoulder. She orders me to get down, and I instantly do. I feel like her will is my command.

Forehead to forehead, I feel a strong connection with Lilly. This was opposite to what I felt when she was with Ethan. I was unable to feel her then but now I feel her more than ever.

Little by little, I feel the pain being removed from my shoulder. Quickly, I open my eyes, realizing what is happening. Lilly is trying to remove my inflection as well.

When I see her pull away from my face, I see her clothes soak in blood, wounds prominent in the chest and shoulder. She backs away from me, but I am very much aware of her weakening state.

My obligation to stay in place no longer lingered on. I run toward her as I see her fall to the floor. I cradle and call out her name in hopes of keeping her conscious. She is losing too much blood.

I sense Ethan move toward us, but I am not going to allow it. I am tired of Ethan's imprudence.

I yell out, "stay away from my mate. She is not your concern."