CONFESSION| 9

I wake up with the bright sun shining across my face. Its rays peeking through the window in Crystal's room. The sun's heat is radiating all over my body. Basking in it, enjoying every minute, my head filled with yesterday's mind-blowing events.

Sitting myself up on the bed, I run my hand through my hair and toward my face. My hands hover over my lips. Last night, my lips were against Ethan's. I giggle at the thought. I hop out of bed, and head towards the restroom to wash my face.

I look in the mirror and cast my eyes on the bite mark. It is less agitated, and the mark seems less prominent. The mark stirs up memories of my dream before Ethan paid me a visit. I wish to never see that forest again.

"Lilly," I hear someone call out my name, opening the room door.

It is Crystal.

I yell out, "I'm coming."

Getting out the restroom, I see Crystal planted on the bed.

"Good morning," I say, walking towards her.

"Morning, how did you sleep?"

"I've had better nights. Where did you sleep," I ask, curios as where she laid to rest.

I never felt the room door reopen again. I would know. I stayed up a few minutes after Ethen left to ensure he did not come back. Surely, Crystal staid in a spare room.

Crystal giggles, "with Josh of course. Our room is on the third floor. This was my old room."

I involuntarily drop my mouth wide open, shocked. I was unaware of my friends' sleeping arrangements. I know they are dating, but I would never be able to sleep with a boyfriend at my mom's house, even if I just graduated, even if I'm like 30.

"You have a room with Josh...like you live together... here...with your parents. Just how big is this house," I question.

Crystal finds amusement in my reaction.

"Yeah, we moved in together two years ago. This house has five floors."

"Two years ago, and you parents are cool with it?! My mom could never."

I am surprised by the news, but Crystal's parents seem chill.

"It's not uncommon here. You could say we grow up fast. Well, we know what we want."

"Yeah, no kidding," I tease.

I began rationalizing Ethan's actions when we first met. From the looks of it, I am unaware of the culture norms in the Big Green.

I suddenly remember my mom.

"Oh, snap. My mom must be worried sick."

I move around the room, trying to locate my phone. I throw pillows out the way, scatter the sheets.

Crystal grabs a hold of my hand.

"Your mom knows you're here. I saw your phone downstairs in the living room last night and noticed missed calls from her. I had my mom talk to her. We asked for permission for you stay longer."

"And?"

"She was cool with it but requested for you to call or text her. You know, check in."

I sigh in relief. The last thing I want is to worry my mother. My mother cannot become aware of yesterday's events. She would freak, never letting me away from her side.

"Wait, did you say I get to stay longer," I ask, confused but intrigued by the idea.

I want to learn more about Ethan. I am not ready to leave. Not to mention, I finally get to be involved in Crystal's and Josh's world in the Big Green. This is a privilege; outsiders are not allowed in this area.