HEAT| 33

I laugh a little, utterly amused by what they are saying. I do not think they understand the whole baby making process. I grab Joshua's hand, which is laid flat on my stomach. I stroke his hand with my thumb, and smile at him sweetly.

I look at both, before saying, "Joshua, you are caressing a food baby, at most. I am not pregnant."

Joshua chuckles, removing his hand from my abdomen. He gets up from the bed and walks toward one of my drawers. He grabs a shirt, putting it on. Ethan gets behind me, resting his head on my shoulder. He breathes in my scent.

Ethan says, "you are pregnant, Lilly."

He ends the statement with a kiss on my head.

I wiggle out his grasp and get off the bed. I stand up to try and make them understand their illogical thinking.

Joshua resumes his spot at the edge of the bed. I pace back and forward in front of the two, trying to think of a way to explain the absurdity of their claim.

I respond, "I don't think you guys did well in school. We had a great time yesterday, but it's impossible to know whether I am pregnant so soon. Plus, I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. Yesterday, was a good day for all three of us. I mean, it seems like we are all on the same page now, working together. You guys don't seriously want to complicate that with a baby."

Joshua clears his throat, quickly licking his lips before talking.

He says, "the only one who is mistaken is you baby. First, our little session was not yesterday, but two days ago. You have been sleeping for two days. Do you know why?"

Are they series? Wow, they really fucked me unconscious.

I have to be careful with these guys. This makes sense, I guess. I do not recall Joshua having any of his stuff in my room, so it would explain why he has his clothes in my drawers. He must have moved some of his stuff while I was unconscious.

I question, "I was sleeping for two days."

Both nod their head.

I shake mine, responding, "well, I know why. You guys are too much. It makes sense that I was over-exhausted at the end of it. I was practically weak in the knees by the second time I ...um... you know... reached my happy place... and you guys kept going at it. We are going to have to set ground rules. No more tag teaming."

Both look at each other and simultaneously let out a loud laugh. They are booming with pride. Geez, I raised their ego like twelve notches.

Ethan tries his best to talk through his laughter, "Lilly, you are right about one thing. Your body needed rest while the pup was settling in, which is why you slept for about two days. She-wolves typically are tired for about a day when their pup is settling in their womb. Given that you are human, it took a bigger toll on your body."

I am still confused as to what they are going on about. I can't get pregnant this quick. Why are they so sure?

Ethan notices the wheels turning in my head. He reaches out his hand toward me. I hesitantly grab it. He guides me down on his lap. I sit with my back to the open air; my feet dangling.

I have a clear view of Joshua on Ethan's side, who finishes scooting in closer to us. Ethan tucks my hair behind my ear and wraps his arms around my waist. He is so gentle.

Ethan slowly resumes, "Lilly, do you know how long wolves are pregnant?"

I answer, "nine months."

Joshua obnoxiously makes a buzzard sound, "nope, try again."

I roll my eyes but can't help laughing a little. It is well needed, because I have a feeling my world is about to change one more time.