THE END| 37

"Mom," I cry out.

So many thoughts run through my head. I am consumed with the urge to run to my mother and give her a big bear hug, like my mom always had given me. I also feel enraged at the position I put my mother in. My mother is clueless of what I have been doing thus far.

I have been texting my mother throughout my stay, and I always made sure to keep my mother in the dark. I did not want to bring my mom into this world, until everything was settled. I wanted to make sure that the pack was fully unified, at peace and that there were no more pressing issues.

I was going to include my mom into this new world. My mom is the only one I had left in the world besides everyone here in the pack. I know I am my mom's only person. I would never leave my mother alone.

But here she is in front of my eyes being held captive by the bastard she loves deeply. This is the most maddening part of it all. My mother loves my father. My mother always kept his memory alive in my heart, and here he is using her for his despicable games. He truly is ruthless and an ugly individual.

"Now, that the game has shifted, let's talk business," my father comments.

"Get to the point. What do I have to do for you to release my mother," I ask, hoping for the best.

"It's not that hard honestly. I will let your mother go and you will come with me. Call it a trade."

"I'll go."

I figure that what he has planned is nothing good, but he would never get anything out of me. My mother would remain in the territory safe. The pack members would remain un-harmed. My mates untouched. This is the best-case scenario. Without any of them in his hands, my father could not force me to do any of his bidding.

Joshua and Ethan furiously turn to face me.

Joshua is the first to say, "you are out of your mind. You are not allowed to go."

Ethan says next, "we can take out every one of these humans. We can save your mom. You will stay."

"No! She is my mother, and I will save her. I will also not let this place become a battlefield. Is that really what you guys want? For our newly built home to be stained with blood. Huh? Is it?!"

"It will be their blood shed, not ours," Joshua argues.

"I WILL not have that either. They are people too. They have homes and families like we do."

Ethan scoffs, "they came here looking for a fight. They lost the privilege to be looked like people the moment they decided to come to our territory armed. They came here preparing for a fight. Do you not see that?! This is how war is."

Ethan is so admin in the words he is saying. I never thought these words would come from him. Joshua also is surprised by Ethan's plea to fight. However, he is more content with the fact that Ethan and his pack members are willing to show force.

"We are not in war. This is a mad man trying to start another revolution that needs not happen. If we fall into his games, then we will be allowing him to get his way. I will not let these humans get killed. For all we know, they could have been prayed on their insecurities and acted out of fear. We can change their perspective by not fighting. I am going."

I can clearly see my father's intentions. They are the same as they were in the beginning of times. He wants to annihilate werewolves. He wants to start another war with humans against werewolves after years of somewhat peace. He needs us to make the first move against the humans.

If the Shadow Moon Pack massacres this large group of humans, then the humans aware of their existence are going to rally and attack us. The pack would be outnumbered. This is what my father wants.