REVELATION| 8

Ethan makes his way towards the bed. I feel like my heart is running at 120 mph. The air is being sucked out of me. I cannot understand how this one man is making me so nervous.

I can't determine whether my body is tensing because Ethan is getting near or because he is not moving fast enough towards me.

He turns on the lamp near the bedside and looks at me. I notice Ethan taking a few steps back, appearing briefly surprised. I become self-conscious.

Ethan moves forward. I instinctively scoot back towards the head of the bed.

Raising his hands in the air, he says, "I'm sorry. I don't want to frighten you. I'm not going to do anything. I just want to talk."

Ethan looks into my eyes. I study them, unable to detect any malice, so I nod ok. He slowly sits on the edge of the bed, angling his body towards me.

He continues saying, "I just want to apologize for earlier on. I was not myself. I had no right to grab you so harshly and get in your face like the way I did."

I feel like there is sincerity in his words, but I cannot let him off the hook so quickly.

"So, why did you? I know I wasn't supposed to come here, but I felt like I was running for my life," I state, trying to lace my words with bitterness.

I felt accused and want him to comprehend how wronged I felt.

"I get it. I understand now," Ethan says, trying to scoot closer to me.

I raise my palm towards him as an indication to stop.

I did not trust myself around him. I am angry at him or knew I must be, yet my body keeps sending impulses throughout it. It is trying to pull me towards him. Ethan complies, and remains at his location.

He continues saying, "when I first laid my eyes on you, I felt this urge to protect you. To be clearer, I thought you were the sexiest thing I had ever seen and couldn't control my actions."

I cannot believe my ears. He is not beating around the bush, but I am able to relate to his words.

My better judgment is telling me not to give Ethan the time of day, but my mind does not want to comply. I feel an undeniable attraction between us.

Ethan is being honest and outspoken. I, typically, am as well. Crystal is the sweet one in our trio. Exceptions applied; if someone were to cross Josh or me, then Crystal turns mad crazy.

I know I need to use Crystal as an example in this scenario. I should not filter myself around Ethan. I should just say what I want to like he is. I should feel what I want to, do what I want to.

"I think I know what you mean. I hated your attitude with me downstairs and you really made me angry, but..."

I start off, sliding myself closer to Ethan. His eyes appearing darker.

"...I really want you. For some reason, my body wants you. When I first saw you..."

My words are stopped by Ethan's lips against mine. My suspicions are confirmed. His lips are juicy. He places one of his hands behind my ear, pulling my face closer to him.

I comply and move, not wanting to separate from him. I am balancing on my knees, slightly hovering over him. With his other hand, Ethan places it behind my knee, guiding me around his lap.

I am straddling him. Pushing my body against him, I hear a moan of approval from Ethan. Our lips are gliding quickly against each other. I cannot resist calling out his name.

"Don't Lilly," Ethan mumbles, trying to catch his breath. "If you call out my name, you're going to make it hard for me to stop."

"Why would we stop?"