CLIMAX| 16

My body tenses up. My stomach is in knots. It is him. Even though I am facing the wall, restrained, I can tell it is him by the tone of his voice.

In person, his voice is a lot smoother and huskier. I attempt to wiggle out his grip, but he further spreads my arms out in front of me.

He gets closer to my ear and whispers, "not bad for a mere wolf, huh," nibling my ear slightly.

I cringe at the sudden physical contact. I continue to shake but it appears to be in vain; his grip does not loosen.

"Let go of me Joshua. What are you doing here?"

"I told you I was going to make you regret your words. Where is alpha Ethan? I bet he never gave you the time of day."

"Fuck you," I shout.

I shake more vigorously.

"Ethan will come looking for me, if I don't get back."

He chuckles again. I hate his sinister laugh.

"You will return to him. I just haven't decided in what condition."

Joshua aggressively turns me. We are face to face, my back against the wall. I am finally able to see the owner of the voice that keeps harassing me. The owner of those blue eyes that plague my mind.

He has dark black hair with the clearest ocean blue eyes. His jaw line appears to be carved out, and he has the most intense stare. He is much taller than me, and he appears to be lean with defined broad shoulders. The tux he is wearing only adds to his masculinity.

As I visually take him in, he grins and licks his lips, which is enough to snap me back into reality. I am still pinned to the wall.

"Let go," I order again.

"Now, don't be like that baby."

He raises my hands above my head, using one hand to sustain them in place. He uses his other hand to caress my cheek, neck and trails it off near my breast.

Gripping my chin, he guides my eyes to his face. I am staring up at him.

"Tell me who you are messing with... I'll tear him to pieces in front of you, then I'll have you and do with you as I please."

I stare at his merciless eyes before I respond, "I already told you. I am not your mate. I'm with Ethan."

"Is that so? I don't believe you."

He grips my cheeks hard with one hand, leaning closer to me.

"I won't repeat myself again. Who dares touch my belongings?"

"I don't understand why you care. I'm just a stupid human. Let me be and go find someone worth your while."

I try my best to say this without sounding bitter. But I cannot not help feeling certain things for Joshua.

I can't pinpoint the reasoning. Perhaps, it is his eyes, his powerful persona, or the mark he left me, but something makes my stupid heart flutter. I blame Stockholm syndrome.

Joshua is content with my attitude. He lets go of my hands, and they fall at my side. I do not know what to think. Surely, he is tricking me. I look around for help, but nobody is near sight.

He says, "stop trying to hide your feelings. I can sense your arousal," causing me to blush profoundly.

I think about screaming for Ethan. But, at the same time, I do not want Ethan to find me alone with Joshua.

For some reason, I want to be left alone with him. This is such an anticipated encounter that must occur to end everything once and for all.

My mark stings again. I feel small little sensations around my body. It feels like energy is radiating from the mark. It makes my body more sensitive. I feel extremely hot.