DUEL| 17

I am flabbergasted. I cannot comprehend what is running through Joshua's mind. After warning him that I am with Ethan, an alpha, Joshua still decides to claim me as his own. It is confirmed; Joshua did not believe my words as true.

Joshua pulls me closer to him, moving his arm to rest on my shoulders.

I am in shambles. I cannot handle being in between the guy I have been dating and the guy I just had sex with. Both claiming me as theirs.

In a matter of seconds, Ethan lunges towards Joshua, landing a hard one on Joshua's face. Ethan grabs me by the arm, pulling me behind him. He is in a protective stance.

The music is brought to a hold, and everyone starts to surround us. Crystal runs to my side, releasing a snarl while Josh runs to Ethan's.

After regaining his balance, Joshua looks at Ethan menacingly. He is practically killing Ethan with his eyes. People form behind Joshua just as members from the Shadow Creek Pack form behind Ethan.

The tension is high. An all-out war seems to be brewing. I do not understand why Joshua has so many supporters. Some of the alphas I met earlier are on his side, along with their pack members while others are near Ethan's.

Ethan shouts, "if you would like to continue living Alpha Joshua, then you would keep your filthy hands of my mate."

Is this a joke?

I cannot believe the coincidence of Joshua being an alpha too. It now makes sense why Joshua was not intimidated with Ethan's status.

Joshua radiates power, fuming with anger. Stepping closer to Ethan, the whole Shadow Creek Pack releases a warning growl towards Joshua.

At the same time, those around Joshua respond back with a snarl to defend their leader. These individuals are clearly part of his pack.

"Alpha Ethan, it is you who will die, if you don't release my mate. Lilly, come here now."

He stares at me as I try my best to hide behind Ethan, then points to his side. I am conflicted.

The last thing I want is to start mess, but how can I deny Joshua's claim now. His mark will no longer fade. On the other hand, I do not want to leave Ethan's side because it will be like acknowledging that Ethan is in the wrong.

I do not know who I am meant to be with. Unfortunately, both make my heart stop. Both claim me. Yet, according to the rules, I am destined to be paired with one. But who?

I stand my ground behind Ethan, and next to Crystal. Joshua growls, as he becomes inches away from Ethan's face.

In a panic, I get from behind Ethan and run between both. My palms resting on each of their chest to create distance. Everyone else appears to be on standby for their alpha's orders.

"Stop," I scream, causing them to halt their advancement towards one another.

They look down at me. I feel both of their hearts through my hands, beating strongly and fast.

Joshua takes the opportunity, tugging my hand and lifting me from the ground before retreating steps back towards his pack.

Ethan shakes in fury, his eyes completely darkening. He is losing control. He gets in a lunging stance, but Mr. and Mrs. Adams arrive to his side.

Mrs. Adams places a hand on his shoulder, indicating Ethan to stop. He complies. His parents have a strong presence and a great influence on him.

I feel embarrassed in front of them. I try my best to avoid eye contact with them.