TRUTHS| 11

I want to punch Ethan and tell him to hit the high road. But at the same time, I have a powerful need of closing the distance between us. His actions are normally considered a red flag to just about any normal girl, but his words make my heart flutter.

Being stubborn, I am not going to let Ethan have the last word, even if they do make my world spin.

Blushing, I reply, "you are flattering yourself. It obvious you got a big ego. Who goes around calling themselves alpha?"

I stretch my hands, reaching his chest, and nudge him. I want him to let go. To my disappointment, he complies.

I look behind Crystal and Josh, noticing the Adams' absence. Ethan follows my stare.

"My parents said it looked like we had things under control, so they decided to leave us," Ethan answers.

This catches me of guard. I turn my attention back at him, and he simply smiles, completely content with the fact that he was able to answer my question before it was asked.

"I don't recall hearing anything," I respond.

"You wouldn't. They mind linked us," Crystal answers.

Many words had already been said that I did not one hundred percent comprehend, making my mind chaotic. I do not want to be in the dark anymore. If I am going to be a part of their world, I am not going to go in blindsided. I need more information and answers.

"They mind linked you," I question.

Josh scans our surroundings before saying, "why don't we go to a more private place."

Ethan scans the area as well, before nodding in agreement.

I cannot see why they are so tense. I do not see anyone nearby. Before I can protest, Ethan grabs my hand and leads me back inside the house.

This is the first time I can pay attention to the outside of their home. When I first entered it, I was unconscious.

After studying it, I realize their house is huge, almost like a mini mansion with rustic vibes.

Upon entering the house, I request for Ethan and Josh to put on a shirt. I can care less about Josh, although I am quite impressed by my friend.

The truth is that it is difficult for me to concentrate with a distraction as impressive as Ethan. I try to play it off, but Ethan knows better. He smiles before complying.

I take this time to call my mom. She gave me a whole lecture about not letting her know I was going to come to the Big Green sooner, how she was worried sick. She is frantic. But I just smile at her nagging.

I am so glad I get to hear it. Yesterday I thought I was a goner. Hearing her nagging is music to my ears. I am glad Crystal and her mom manage to convince her I am safe, although that seems like a loaded promise right now.

After many reassurances and promises, we had agreed that I can stay here if I like, and the Adams permit me with the condition that I call or text her frequent. She knows this is an opportunity not many get, and she wants me not to be alone anymore. She wants me to be able to share time with my friends.

I told her I loved her, which I truly deeply do. I do not know how long I will be here in the Big Green, but I will miss her. I will make sure to call her as much as I can.

After I end the call with my mom and the guys come back, everyone goes to the fourth floor. I am overjoyed when I find out they have an elevator. After leaving the elevator, everyone goes inside a room.

The room is spacious, with books everywhere. It is like a mini library. In the center of the room, two sofas are present with a coffee table in the middle. Then at the far end, near a huge window, a desk is present. It is all quite impressive.