TOMORROW| 34

I stop walking. Ethan and Joshua glance back at me from the door frame. I cast my eyes on them, and I feel my happiness leave me.

I love this child as much as I love them, but I have no idea who the father is. They are both calling it their pup, so what happens when it turns out not to be.

Ethan walks back to me, laying his hand on my shoulder.

Looking into my eyes, he asks, "what's wrong, babe. Aren't you hungry?"

I shift my eyes down to the ground trying to collect my thoughts. Ethan raises my chin up, giving me encouraging eyes.

I hesitantly speak, "it might not be your baby," looking at him, trying to not let the tear forming escape my eyes.

Then, I turn to Joshua, "or yours. Only one can be the dad."

The emotion is building inside me. I am typically not that emotional but the thought of losing them right when things are looking bright again is heart breaking. It's that or the pregnancy hormones.

Ethan pulls me in, embracing me in the warmest hug. He nestles his head above mine and kisses the top of it. He rubs my back.

"There, there, it's going to be okay," Ethan tries to comfort.

Joshua walks towards us. Ethan releases me. I wipe my tears away. Joshua is standing next to Ethan now. I shift my attention to Joshua. He grabs my face before passionately kissing me.

It is like a movie scene. I am so happy and feel so loved to get this response from him that I feel more tears escape my eyes. I fall into the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck.

Ethan does not stop us. He knows I was worried about Joshua's reaction the most. Not because I love Joshua the most, but because Ethan has always been more kind. He hardly ever gives me problems, and everyone knows it.

Joshua pulls back from our kiss. He is not a man of words, but of action. Through this display of affection, Joshua is trying to tell me that he is still going to be with me regardless of the outcome.

I take a step back from them. Ethan reaches for my hand, and I hold it.

Ethan says, "Lilly, I know it could NOT be my pup. But I also know that you ARE mine. Any pup that comes from you will be treated as my own and under my protection because I love you. We can have more pups later along the road. I just want you to be happy because I am happy being with you."

I smile at Ethan.

Joshua draws my attention back to him by saying, "baby, I also am aware that this pup your expecting could be alpha Ethan's. If it is his, then our pack has gained a strong warrior no doubt...."

He glances at Ethan. Joshua is trying to compliment Ethan, and Ethan took it as such.

Turning his attention back to me, he continues, "and I gained a son. I lost my parents and was raised by Damon's parents. They have loved me like I was their own, and I never felt any less than that. I will do the same for this pup, and any future pup that alpha Ethan fathers. You are my family, and unfortunately Ethan is part of the package."

Joshua laughs as he gets a reaction from Ethan and a giggle out of me before continuing, "all jokes aside. You have given me a family, a home, and I will do everything to protect the family that was given to me."

I am amazed by the increasing sincerity and humility that Joshua starts to possess. To say such nice words in front of Ethan, shows his growth once more.

"Plus, if this pup is not biologically mine, then it gives me an acceptable excuse to rigorously take you. I can't let Ethan win. I will give you the most pups," Joshua sinisterly ends.