HIDDEN AGENDA| 28

Ethan

Leaving Lilly is the hardest thing to do this morning. After completing the mating process last night with her, I can't imagine spending another night away from her. I hate to admit it, but that prick was right.

Now that our bond is complete, I can't bear the thought of being away from her one second. I'm quite ticked off that I can't be with her right now, enjoying the nice warm bath I set up.

Currently, I am on the way to the edge of Valley Forbes. I got mind linked that the mayor is waiting for me on the outskirts of the forest. This is quite unusual. The mayor does not typically cross my territory or go near it. I sense something is not right. 

I link Josh to look for Joshua. Joshua's whole pack has moved to the area, so the mayor should be updated on the changes and the increase of wolves that will be present. Although with everything that is happening with Lilly and Joshua, I wonder whether I should bring it up in the meeting today. Will the merge continue?

I can tell Lilly is really shaken up with Joshua's attitude. Personally, I want to punch that jerk in the face. Joshua does not deserve Lilly. My pack knows better than to disrespect any of my family members, especially Lilly.

I almost lost control when I saw Lilly's lip bleed.

Who does that she-wolf believe she is to disrespect my sister and my mate?

I'll make sure to keep an eye on Ashely. I knew better than to believe any of the words that came out of Ashley's mouth.

Crystal and Lilly are not the type to pick a fight for no reason. Joshua is an idiot for thinking otherwise. After last night, I start to like the idea of keeping Lilly to myself.

Joshua will never give Lilly the place she deserves. Joshua will always see her as a potential enemy and so will his pack. I can only hope that the Blue Moon Pack never discovers the power Lilly has over Joshua and me. This would lead to a war against his pack and my own.

The Blue Moon Pack will never trust a human, regardless of if she is the reincarnation of the moon goddess.

I get to the edge of the forest and see the mayor waiting for me. Typically, we meet in private. My pack is just on the inside of the forest waiting for my signal incase anything bad is to arise. However, I do not think this is the case. I trust mayor Johnson.

My parents and I have built a strong relationship and foundation with mayor Johnson for our communities to live in peace with one another. The youngsters from my pack for starters love going to Valley Forbes for school. They love intermingling with the humans and getting new perspective on things.

This was how Crystal and Josh met my Lilly. I am thankful for it every day. To think, I could have met her sooner. Perhaps, I could have avoided this whole unfortunate situation. Lilly would have never met Joshua first.

Upon seeing her, I would have known she was meant to be mine and marked her sooner. Then, she would have moved in with me right away. She would have never been left alone at night and Joshua would have never caught a hint of her scent.

I get to mayor Johnson and extend my arm.

I start, "good morning, sir. I hope everything is okay."

"Morning, Alpha Ethan. Well... I wish I was here for pleasantries but I'm afraid that is not the case," the mayor responds.

As suspected, something is wrong.

"Please, let's take a walk. I hope to address and fix any concerns you may have," I answer, as we walk along the edge of the forest.