TRESPASSER| 35

I am feeling extra happy as I wake up this morning. Yesterday was a plain normal day. No real fighting. No near-death experience, just me and my mates going about our day.

I start to stir up, and Ethan protests, holding me tight, snuggling his head on the crook of my neck. I comply for a few minutes, before tilting my head towards him. Ethan plants a light kiss on my forehead.

I turn back forward and extend my arm out but the body I expected to feel is not there. I sit up after realizing Joshua's absence. Ethan follows.

He says, "let's go back to sleep, babe," wrapping his arm around my shoulder, leading me back down to the bed.

I turn my whole body to face him, asking, "where is Joshua."

Letting out a big sigh, Ethan replies, "I don't know. Hopefully, he went away for good," he jokes.

I roll my eyes.

"Very funny, now where is he," I repeatedly ask.

A strange sensation creeps into my heart. Joshua left and didn't inform me about it. Better yet, he consciously left me with Ethan alone in a room. That is really not like him.

I sit back up.

"I should go looking for him," I say as I hope off the bed and walk toward the closet.

Ethan rubs his eyes and scoots to the edge of the bed, seeing me go back and forward between my closet and restroom mirror.

Ethan asks, "babe, where are you planning to go looking for him."

"I don't know. I'll just walk around. I want to make sure he is okay."

"Why would that loaf not be okay?"

"I just have a feeling. Come on... he would never leave me alone with you."

"Who cares why he left us alone," Ethan replies, standing up.

He walks toward me, holding my waist. I cross my arms in defiance. Ethan begins planting kisses along my face and down my neck.

He mumbles through his kisses seductively, "you might not know this, but a mate's scent is intoxicating. Your smell, my dear Lilly, has heightened due to the pregnancy."

My arms unfold. My head tilts to the side, exposing my neck some more. Ethan continues to kiss down my neck, occasionally sucking over his mark. I begin falling for his distraction.

He slowly starts moving us to the bed. I initiate a kiss with him. He slightly bends to reach for my legs, lifting me of the floor. He makes his way toward the bed and sits us down. We continue to make out.

His hands move up and down my back. His hands aim to unclasp my bra. This quickly pulls me back to reality.

Attempting my best to talk in between our kisses, "no... wait.... Ethan, can't you just link him."

Ethan sighs again in defeat.

He complains, "you're killing me, babe. I can't do that yet. I would be able to do it after the ceremony tonight."

"Can you link one of your pack members to look for him or keep an eye out for him," I ask in my sweet voice, batting my eyes at him.

"If I tell one of my members to locate Joshua, then can we continue, you know," he argues, eyeing down my shirt.

I laugh, agreeing, "I just want to make sure."

Ethan takes a minute and becomes quiet. He is communicating with his members. After a few minutes of waiting, Ethan's attention came back.