TRUCE| 31

Damon makes his way through the crowd to get to his sister. He walks toward her and embraces her. Ashley allows herself to get consumed with emotion. I could feel it. Ashley is not faking it this time. She is truly morning Mike's loss.

Considering how Ashley is acting right now, I can't understand why she denied Mike in the first place.

It is not looking good for me. Damon is clearly concerned for his sister. Although he is unaware of what happened, he looks at me with distrust. He knows I am involved in some way.

Damon attempts to wipe his sister's tears away.

He caresses her face, asking, "what happened."

Ashley just glares at me. I see the extreme shift of emotion in Ashley. She goes from sadness to rage. Damon also goes from concern to anger.

They are siblings, alright.

Damon hovers over his sister and requests for Joshua to explain the situation.

Joshua responds, "this group of individuals were seen at Valley Forbes causing trouble. It appears that Ashley is the leader of the group. I called a meeting to discuss the situation. As you can understand, we are new to the area and the last thing we want is to have a battle with the humans..."

Damon nods his head, "of course, I understand. But this still does not explain my sister's current state, and what happened to Mike."

"They were just going to get reprimanded, but Ashley disrespected Lilly. Alpha Ethan and I made it clear to the pack that Lilly is here to stay. Mike did not like our response. He spat at Ethan's feet and was about to harm Lilly. I had no choice...turns out that Mike was Ashley's mate," Joshua finishes off.

Damon turns to his sister. He is puzzled by the news. It is evident that he was unaware of Mike and Ashley.

Damon replies, "I understand alpha."

Ashley interrupts, "brother, Lilly controlled me. She is a witch. She is dangerous. Please, you must tell everyone not to trust her. Joshua will listen to you."

Damon's eyebrow raised. He looks at me with a look that clearly is questioning my actions. The moment of truth arrived; would he rat me out?

From my understanding, Damon is apprehensive of my powers. He is one of the people who believed I should have been kept in the dark. He sees me as a threat.

I am not naive. The truth is that Joshua also sees me as a potential danger. I can see him fight his feelings.

Now that it is revealed that I can control any one of them, he can see me as a bigger threat. If I was him, then I supposed I would see myself as Damon sees me.

Damon stares at Joshua. They are mind-linking each other. I really get nervous. It always seems like there is an obstacle getting in the way of my happiness with Joshua and Ethan.

Damon looks at Ashley and then the group of people.

He begins, "I was unaware of Lilly's power. She could be dangerous. However, our alpha trust her, and she will be our Luna. This can benefit us as a pack. She can protect us. Perhaps, one day she can use her powers against our enemies. Let's trust in our alpha. He has never let us down."

The group of people mumble. They nod their head in agreement. Joshua ends the meeting by reminding them of his orders, but I do not think this group will be giving him a hard time anymore. I am certain.

They have seen a lot and learned information that no one knows yet. Surely, they are on the way to inform the whole pack. Soon, everyone will know that I am a 'witch.'