FOUND| 6

Ethan

It is a little past nine at night, and I get a link. 

'Alpha, we are by the creek and found a girl unconscious.'

I clench my fist, unable to stop the agitation rising. I am tired of having to deal with another Forbes towny, who believed entering my territory is a bright idea. I hate that my community is referred to as the Big Green. It lacks originality.

We are the Shadow Creek Pack but there is no point in correcting the Valley Forbes community. They are unaware of the existence of people like me. Werewolves have been living among humans for thousands of years.

Our existence has never been proven, but many stories have made it to the mainstream, resulting in current modern-day legends humans hear today.

Other Alphas and their packs believe that its best for the safety of our race to keep humans at bay. My pack lives by this sole rule. The Shadow Creek Pack has been in the same area for hundreds of years. We have maintained a working relationship with the Valley Forbes people.

We have only requested for the Forbes community to stay out of the forest. This will ensure the pack's secrecy and the safety of the Forbes community.

The only humans in the Forbes community aware of our existence is the major and his predecessors. This was needed for the rule to be enforced. The hopes were to avoid incidents like this very moment.

Clearly, I will have to arrange a meeting with the mayor tomorrow.

I answer the link from my security, 'link Josh. Tell him to meet me there. Don't touch her. We will be there soon.'

I get up from the living room and slip on my shoes. I start jogging towards the Creek and noticed my wolf acting up. Air passes by my nose, smelling an enticing aroma of cherry blossoms.

Almost impulsively, I pick up pace. I cannot resist the urgency to follow the scent. It is indisputable. As I got closer to the scent, I see Josh hovering over a body.

Making my way toward Josh, I am stopped by him.

"Ethan, wait, I can explain. She is my friend. She is Crystal's friend too."

I nudge Josh out the way and get closer to the body. The smell is like ecstasy. Then, I see her; the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, unconscious. I observe every detail of her. Her long black hair, her full lips, and her soft appearing, pale skin are all undeniably captivating.

Clear as day, I hear my wolf speak, 'mate.'

I cannot believe I finally found her. I have been waiting for my mate ever since I turned 16. When a werewolf comes of age 16, and so does their partner, mates can recognize one another. Needless to say, I waited many years, being that I am 23.

I had given up hope, but here she is, perfection. Briefly mesmerized by her, I start to notice all the males swarming her. Josh, for starters, is too close to her for my comfort.

I let out a menacing snarl at my pack members, commanding my security to leave the area.

"Josh, move. She is mine," I demand, shoving him.

Josh complies but has a discerning look.

I gently grab the girl, cradling her against my chest. I let out a small growl in approval of the proximity of our bodies.

I arrive at my yard. The front door is open for our arrival. I linked my parents, while Josh had linked Crystal. I place my mate on the sofa, Crystal rushing to her side.

"Lilly, Lilly. What's wrong," Crystal panics.

Crystal turns to face me. She is upset and in disbelief.

In the snarkiest way, Crystal asks, "what the hell did you do to her?"

This is an insult. Simply, her tone of voice towards me would have resulted in the severest punishment had she been a normal pack member. She should be counting her blessings for being my sister. She would have been unforgiven otherwise. 

I become irritated. How could she believe that I would harm my precious mate?

I am seething with anger at the fact alone that my girl is harmed in my lands. I will show no mercy to whoever is responsible for her injuries.

I am not sure whether she was attacked. There is a bump on her head. Where her injuries an accident or intentional?

I look at her closely and could not recognize her. I take a minute to realize what my sister has called her.

Did Crystal call her Lilly?

So, her name is Lilly, my Lilly.

Crystal snaps her fingers to regain my attention.

I take a deep breath in, and answer Crystal in a stern voice, "she is mine. I would never harm her. Security found her, and I brought her here."

Crystal's eyes widen in realization. My mother jumps up and down in excitement. On the other hand, Josh and Crystal exchange concerned looks. I don't comprehend their attitude. Are they not happy that I found their Luna?

I don't recognize Lilly, but I assume she is a rogue. This is probably why they are being apprehensive. Regardless, this fact is unimportant. Rogue or not, Lilly is going to be my queen and their Luna.

Crystal looks at me.

Our eyes meet, and she waits before hesitantly saying, "Ethan, Lilly cannot be your mate. Your mistaken. She is human...only werewolves are mated with each other."

Crystal turns her focus on our mother, hoping to get some back up. My mom nods, agreeing with Crystal's statement.

"Human," I question.

I stood, silent. I cannot argue with Crystal. Even I know that the moon goddess only pares werewolves with werewolves. The lack of intermixing between species is what kept werewolves strong and their bloodlines pure.

I insist, "you are wrong. There is no way she is human. She is my mate. Do you really think I would not recognize what's mine?"

I can't wrap my head around this revelation. I pace around the room.

Josh gets closer to Crystal, resulting in a menacing growl from my wolf. Crystal is sitting too close to Lilly, and I do not want a male stand near Lilly while she is unmarked.

Josh raises his hands in surrender, saying, "I can see how protective you are with her. She is your mate...but Crystal is not lying, man. Lilly is human. We grew up with her."

Although Josh is Crystal's boyfriend, he is also my beta. It was a relief when Crystal announced that Josh was her mate. Josh's father had been my father's beta.

Josh and I have a good relationship, which is clear now; no one else would dare question me as Josh currently is. In fact, I am quite annoyed that only those in this room have the nerve to act freely with me.

How am I mated to a human? Am I supposed to care?

I walk by her, catching the same overwhelming aroma of cherry blossoms. Yet, I do not detect an aura from her. We can typically distinguish humans from our kind. Werewolves tend to have an aura around them while humans have none. It is only visible with our eyes.

I study her more intently, confirming she does not have one.

It's true. Lilly is human.

But I do not care. I cannot help such an immense sensation of needing to claim her. To me, there is no other. Lilly would be mine.

Just as I am determined to answer Josh and declare my decision regarding Lilly, Crystal begins hushing everyone around. Lilly is moving. She is waking.