TRIO| 23

My life was supposed to be over. I had blissfully accepted my end. If my death would ensure the safety of Ethan and Joshua, along with their packs, then I had already welcomed it. I am surprised to see light again.

I wake up in the same hospital room. I wiggle my fingers. They are so stiff. I look around; there is no Ethan or Joshua near sight. Did they finally get tired of my crap?

I get up on my elbows slowly to get a better visual of my room. I feel someone move next to me. Crystal is sleeping, her head on my bed. She looks so tired. Although she is sleeping, I notice the worry lines on her face.

I try my best to sit up without waking Crystal up. I know Crystal is going to go off on me, within reason. I lift myself up as slowly as I could.

As I imagined, Crystal begins to wake up. Crystal lifts her head and looks at me with her eyes still halfway closed.

Crystal rubs her eyes, she mumbles, "Lilly?"

I reach for her hand, giving it a squeeze. Crystal makes the biggest gasp. In an instant, I become trap in her arms. Crystal's embrace is so warm and cozy. This is what I needed now. My tears started falling instantly.

I needed Crystal more than I had thought. Crystal has been my rock for so long that I felt lost when I wasn't able to discuss with Crystal my current problems.

Crystal lets go of me, and grabs me by the shoulders firmly.

Her eyes show frustration yet happiness at once.

Crystal begins, "what the hell were you thinking...no, you didn't think. Not in your mom. Not in me or Josh, and what about Ethan? Huh?! Ethan would be lost without you. You have no idea how painful losing a mate is said to be."

"I'm sorry. There was just so much in my mind. You guys said I can only have one mate, that everyone out there only has one perfect match. That's a lie. It turns out I have two. I can't be with one without hurting the other," I explain.

Crystal gets up and paces around, throwing her arms all over the place. Crystal is big in using hand gestures.

Crystal yells, "oh, yeah, so obviously killing yourself would stop you from having to choose. That sounds like the best choice," sarcasm spilling with each word.

I try to explain, "I did not try to kill myself because I didn't want to choose. They are saying I'm some type of moon goddess chick. I can control them. Do you know how dangerous that is? Someone can use me to hurt them or your pack. I could not risk it."

Crystal takes a deep breath in and calmly says, "Lilly, you would never harm us. If you need more proof, then think about what you were capable of doing. You were going to give up your life out of fear of putting us in danger. If the times comes, I know that you would rather die than betray us."

Crystal always has the right words to get me to see the bigger picture. I know Crystal is right. I will never harm them willingly.

I wipe my tears.

"There's more. I didn't tell Ethan or Joshua when they came to visit. I'll tell you but you can't tell anyone. Not even Josh. I don't think he will be capable of hiding it from Ethan," I say.

Crystal looks at me intrigued. Crystal loves secrets.

"It will be hard keeping it from Josh, but I'll manage. What is it?"

I tell Crystal everything. I tell Crystal when I was unconscious, after healing Ethan and Joshua, I had a dream. In my dream, my reflection told me that I could be happy. However, the dream also said that I was going to have them both only temporary, that I would only be able to save one of them. It was a cryptic dream.