EXPOSED| 10

I remain silent, aggravated over this current situation. I was unsure as to what truth Ethan was going to share with me but claiming to be a mythical creature never crossed my mind. I cannot understand why I am so consumed with anger.

The boy I like, who claims to like me back, is straight up lying to my face. I do not appreciate being made a fool. To make matters worse, Crystal and Josh do not intervene.

These are the two people in the whole world who I trust wholeheartedly, and they are allowing Ethan to lie. Is our bond, our friendship, meaningless to them?

I scoff, "seriously, a werewolf... why make something up Ethan? You don't have to tell me anything that you don't want but stop lying to me."

I tap the table with my fingers to calm myself.

"I will never lie to you. Me, Josh, Crystal, my parents, and all those in the Big Green are werewolves," Ethan slowly says, ensuring to articulate after each word to make sure nothing goes unheard.

Everyone in the table keeps their eyes on me. Nobody tries to interrupt Ethan. I gaze at Crystal across the table, pleading with my eyes. I want her to stop her brother from lying.

Crystal responds, "I know how it sounds Lilly, but it's true. There is a reason we do not let outsiders here. They would find out our community's secret."

"That's enough. I see how it is. It's time for me to go," I say, standing up from the table.

I make my way towards the outside door.

I am hurt. I refuse to listen anymore. Part of me wants to stay, but another portion of me is terrified. Terrified that despite my logic, a piece of me does in fact believe them. But I refuse to openly acknowledge it, because this would mean that I live in a world much bigger and scarier than I am aware of.

I hate to be kept in the dark. I hate not being able to control my surroundings. Therefore, I must leave.

Believing their words make me vulnerable; I would have to rely on them to comprehend the world I live in, which clearly, I do not. I must leave.

I cannot let my world crumble down. Even if there is an opportunity that everyone is telling the truth, I do not want to give them a chance to prove me wrong. Walking away, remaining blissfully ignorant is what I want.

I reach the front door, making my way outside. I see several large houses from my viewpoint, but they are spread out with plenty of land in between them. Which way should I go?

I refuse to go back into the forest, but how else am I supposed to get out the Big Green?

I notice that everyone has followed suit behind me. Ethan catches up to me and stands in front of me to halt my walking. I roll my eyes, turning the other away. I catch a glimpse of Crystal, Josh and the Adams looking concerned.

"Lilly, where are you going? You can't leave here...," Ethan began saying.

He walks towards the others so that he was in my line of sight again.

His voice almost breaking, "you can't leave me...I'll prove everything to you."

My heart races. I do not want to see anything.

I firmly say, "don't. I'm not interested. You are a liar."

As I finish my sentence, I see Ethan's eyes become darker, but they are not like the past times. I do not see his eyes full of anger or lust; they appear to be immensely sad.

Crystal notices her brother's heartbreak, before eyeing me down. Her eyes are full of injustice after seeing her brother's rejection. She steps forward from the group, her demeanor changed.