GOODBYE| 21

I can feel the blood rushing to my brain after Ethan's little proposal. I must still be unconscious to be hearing such enticing words.

Ethan tilts my chin up, and began again, "would you like to have us both, Lilly?"

There it goes again; my heart stopping. I clear my throat to avoid any drool escaping my mouth. I slightly move my head from Ethan's grip. I need to create space between us. I feel like my body is consumed in flames, overly hot.

I look back and forward between Ethan and Joshua.

Then, mumble out, "the elders said both of you are my mates...and you are asking me if I want the both of you."

Pshh, duh.

Which girl wouldn't want to have two smoking tall, hot men as lovers? If I really had to think about it, when I first learned about the concept of mates, I had an inkling that I had more than one.

It was the only explanation as to why I couldn't get Joshua out my mind, but still be incredibly drawn to Ethan. The elders confirming this just validates my feelings. But I cannot have them both.

This would be hypocritical of me. The thought of sharing Ethan or Joshua with anyone makes me mad. So, how can I expect them to do the same?

It hurts Ethan seeing Joshua all over me. On the other hand, Joshua growls each time I get close to Ethan. A trio will never work out and that is to be expected.

Both are staring at me intensely.

I hesitate at first, but continue, "no. I won't have you both."

They both are surprised.

Joshua crosses his arms over his chest.

Raising an eyebrow, he says, "you don't want us both," a smirk emerges.

He gets near my face and this time he is holding my chin up.

He says, "better for me. Don't worry baby. You won't be missing out on much," tapping Ethan's shoulder.

I back away from his face. Ethan eyes Joshua. Ones standing on the left side while the other is on the right side of my bed, facing each other with my bed in between them.

Ethan protests, "I don't recall her saying that she will be with you, Alpha Joshua."

Joshua responds, "well, she didn't have to. It's a no brainer."

Wow, there goes Joshua again, cocky ass.

When these two go at it, they forget of my existence. I snap at them, hoping to catch their attention.

I say, "I decided I will stay with no one. I can't choose so I will remain on my own."

This is necessary. I have some soul searching and will not have them wait for me.

Ethan looks at me confused.

He says, "Lilly, I know what you are feeling. I don't want to leave your side."

I am becoming more irritated. I cannot help it. It is more me being mad at myself than them.

I point out, "no, you don't know how I feel Ethan. None of you have the remote idea of what I'm feeling! I never been in any relationship before. My first crush was you, Ethan. I have always wanted to meet up with you again, since the moment I first saw you all those years back."

Turning my attention to Joshua, I continue, "but, then comes this asshole who chases me down the forest, completely inconsiderate of my feelings. To make matters worse, he bites me and leaves me with this freaky little mark that has me feeling all types of ways for him. Come to find out, werewolves exist, and both of the incredibly hot guys I'm interested in are my perfect match."