UNTAMED| 24

Ethan's fingers slowly graze over his mark. It feels euphoric. I bite my bottom lip to stop the moan from my mouth that is dying to come out. I look up at Ethan, and I can tell he likes my response.

I feel a great sense of anger rise in me. These aren't my feelings. I glance at Joshua. He is surrounded by red. These are his feelings. I don't know how to control my powers. I am not even trying to connect to Joshua now.

I need to figure it out. It's hard enough to deal with my own emotions but having to feel theirs as well will take a toll on me. I grab Ethan's hand to stop him from moving it around my mark, letting out a small smirk.

I say, "let's not get ahead of ourselves. I would like to take things slow. There will be no sleeping around. Please cooperate and don't make this harder than it has to be."

Joshua eases up. I sense a weight lift from my shoulders. He was becoming less angry. He is very satisfied, by the fact that Ethan won't get his chance with me.

Joshua remarks, "I like a challenge."

He would be the one.

I am not having it.

I challenge, "well, I guess Ethan is right then. I should even the playing field, and sleep with him first."

A smirk graces Ethan's lips.

Ethan begins, "I'm down. Thanks for the help, man."

He slightly nudges Joshua. Joshua's demeanor changes. He does not agree with the suggestion.

"On second thought, I think taking things slow is for the best. We wouldn't want to complicate things," Joshua quickly replies.

I can't help but laugh. This is going to be my life now.

I keep telling myself that as long as they do not push me, I can keep things slow. But truth is that I really do not want to take things slow. Seeing them together make my insides burn.

Especially, with Ethan right now. I am not sure what it is, but I find him particularly irresistible. It could be the mark. After all, I have not finished the mating process with him. Ethan marked me, but that was it.

Back at the lunar party, when I first saw Joshua in person, I tried hard to hate him, but he just smelled so amazing. His touch set my skin on fire and only he was able to put out.

The pain was too excruciating. I know it is a matter of time before my body will make me want to complete the mating process with Ethan.

I try to shut off these thoughts. It is best not to bring it up around Joshua, but I fear the pain is sure to come.

Ethan crosses his arms against his chest. He is obviously not happy with Joshua's change of opinion. Ethan looks around the field then back at me.

He says, "if he agrees to keep his hands off you, then so will I."

I can't help but feel a little disappointed with their agreement. Joshua huffs at Ethan's comment.

"Wait, I didn't agree to no touching, that is going to be impossible. I just agreed not to have sex with you... I mean unless you initiate it. Then, that is not my fault. A guy only has so much restrained," Joshua responds, licking his lips while eyeing me down.

Ethan chimes in, "I hate to say this, but I agree with Joshua. I can't promise not to touch you. I'll just vouch not to pressure you in having sex."

Great, they finally decided to be on the same page on something that isn't convenient for me.

I want them to touch me, that is not the issue. But I know what touching can lead to. They are basically saying that if I have sex with either one of them, then it would be because of my initiation.