WARNED| 15

It's the morning of the Lunar party, and the Shadow Creek Pack is busy. Each participating pack took turns hosting the party. This year it's the Shadow Creek's responsibility.

I am overwhelmed with party planning details. Ethan gave me the task of executing a lot of the party details. He informed me that as future Luna, this is a good way to show the pack that I am reliable.

Many pack members have seen me around but assume that my presence is a result of my friendship with Crystal. Given that Crystal is the beta's mate and the alpha's sister, there is no room for objections.

I feel self-conscious at times. Each time I go around with Ethan, Josh, and Crystal, I get unwanted stares.

So, the pressure is real. I want this party to go problem free. When Ethan introduces me to the pack, I want to leave a good impression.

I wake up in morning with a knock on my door.

That's odd.

Crystal usually barges in unannounced, and Ethan has not visited my room since our first make out session.

Ethan and I see each other on a daily. I love our kissing sessions. But he refuses to visit my room out of fear. He fears losing control.

At times, I wish, he was not as considerate. When I am near him, my heart is uncontrollable. He triggers such deep feelings in me, feelings that I did not know could develop after knowing an individual for a short while.

I walk to the door and open it. To my surprise, Ethan stands outside my door with roses in hand. My heart melts instantly.

I giggle before planting a sweet kiss on his cheek. Just as I am about to thank him, he grabs my face, crashing his lips against mine.

I am completely taken off guard. Ethan has never acted so bold, but I like it. No, I love it.

I wrap my arms around his neck, flowers still in hand. In one swift motion, he picks me off the ground. My legs wrap around his waist and our lips never separate throughout the transition.

Still at the door frame, Ethan steps in the room and closes the door shut behind us. My heart couldn't stop dancing.

Omg, is this really happening?

We get to the bed, and he sets me down. Our lips briefly separate for a breath of air. I feel my face heating up, flushed.

I am hot and bothered. Ethan's black eyes prove he is feeling the same way.

I set the flowers on the dresser, saying, "good morning to you too."

Ethan smiles, his eyes returning his shade of green.

"How did you sleep, my Luna."

This is the first time I ever heard anyone call me that to my face. I feel unworthy. I still struggle and believe that the title is meant for someone else.

Playfully shoving Ethan, I say, "don't call me that. It feels weird."

"Better get used to it because after today, everyone will know you are mine," he replies as he sits at the edge of the bed with me standing in front of him.

"What if they don't accept me? I'm an outsider. It's unheard of for your kind to be with a human but here you are with me."

I shuffle around the same spot. I am beyond scared to be rejected.

I will not blame Ethan's pack if they happen not to approve of me. I see myself as nothing, just humanly normal.

Ethan pulls me in between his legs by my waist. He sits me down on his lap. I am trying my best to avoid his gaze, but he leads my chin up to meet his eyes.