REUNION| 36

The ceremony is going great. I try my best to stand tall and portray myself as strong. I want this newly formed pack to accept me wholeheartedly, just as I have accepted them.

I want nothing but the prosperity of this pack. It would be the home of my child after all. Upon completing the oath, I notice that Joshua and Ethan are feeling overwhelmed.

I look at them in awe. They are truly amazing to be able to handle so many members, connections, and new voices. They will be the ones to ensure the success of this pack. I have no doubt. I will help them along the way.

They are trying their best to appear strong in front of our new pack. Everyone is silent watching their alphas adapt. I look out in the crowd, and I can see similar facial expressions on the pack members. They must be adapting too.

After all, a link or connection needs the participation of two parties. While Joshua and Ethan are forming new connections with hundreds of them, each individual member is forming a new connection with another alpha.

Everyone is out of it for about 10 minutes. The time seems so short, but so fast. During this time where everyone seems to be mentally occupied, I feel a weird sensation like if someone is trying to link me.

This couldn't be possible. I can only do this with Joshua and Ethan. But there it is. I keep hearing my name in my head. The voice is too familiar to dismiss, but I could not pinpoint who I am recognizing.

I quickly close my eyes, and allow whoever is calling me in. Then, I remember who the voice belongs to.

I reopen my eyes and stare blankly at the crowd. I am not looking at any particular person or thing. I am just staring into open space.

I make sure not to make any drastic facial expressions or movement. I do not want to worry Ethan and Joshua while they are still getting themselves together.

They do not notice what is happening; my past-self is trying to communicate with me once more. I was never able to communicate again with my past self after the dream and the awful warning.

I hesitantly answer the link, 'hello?'

'We don't have much time. You have to get everyone out. You have to get Ethan and Joshua to safety. The time has come.... you can only save one,' my past-self responds.

'What's going on,' I ask alarmed, keeping my gaze towards the crowd, trying to hide the fact I am communicating with my past self in my head.

I never actually told Joshua and Ethan about my dream, only Crystal.

At the time, it seemed like the correct thing. I had just had the dream, and they shared with me the news of my true identity. I knew Joshua was untrusting and worried. So, I never found it in my heart to share with them the content of the dream. Now, I am not sure if this was the correct decision.

'I'm sorry. We don't have much time. Our mates will snap out of it soon. I wanted to do this more gracefully, but there is no other choice...'

My past self-trails off.

I'm about to ask for clarification when a sudden burst of images pop in my head. It is more than images. I feel like I am re-living my past life. I saw my past self alive. I saw my past lover, his unfair death. Our battle to save the werewolves. Our sacrifice. Our deal with God. Most importantly, I saw the man who killed our past mate, our father.

Then, the images stop.

I ask, 'how am I seeing this.'

'It's our life, Lilly. I am returning our memories to you.'