>five

MAJORLY EDITED — 8/19/23

"Come on in guys!" Jeff shouted as both tribes walked into redemption. "Brad voted out at the last tribal council."

Sophia couldn't help but give a cheeky smile to Laura M, Ciera's mom, who looked surprised at the vote, but happy.

"Now to bring in the competitors for today's duel: Candice, John, and Culpepper, voted out at the last tribal council."

Sophia actually started to feel bad when Brad started to comfort Monica over his elimination. She didn't feel sorry for Brad, but she felt sorry for Monica. She didn't want her to cry over someone like him.

Damn, she really should've said 'I don't' at the wedding.

"Alright, let's get to your duel. Take apart a crate and use the planks to build a bridge. Once you complete the bridge, you'll take apart the bridge and use the planks to solve a puzzle. First two people to finish their puzzle stay alive on redemption island. Take your spots, we'll get started."

When they started, it looked pretty easy for Candice, and honestly at Sophia's angle it was pretty easy as well. They had to slot in these planks and it seemed like every piece they picked up matched and fit in. The bridge seemed like the actual puzzle.

Candice had easily lost her lead, making Sophia tense. If Culpepper were to win this duel, she would smash her head against the wood at camp, then place an axe through her head, then sit and wait until she bled out slowly but surely. She hated this man's guts.

Before she knew it, everyone was on the puzzle. She used context clues from the design to figure out it represented yin & yang. With the context she had, she was able to piece together the pieces in her head. She bit her lip to stop herself from helping John.

"Jeff, Jeff!" she let out a sharp exhale when she heard the name come out of John's mouth. She raised her now folded hands to her nose, praying he had gotten it right.

"John's right! We're looking for one more!" That sentence was enough to make her scream excitedly and wave her arms slightly. She saw Caleb out of the corner of her eye, glaring at her because of her 'childish' behavior. If only she could spit in his face.

Next thing she knew Culpepper raised his hands up, "Jeff!" he shouted. Sophia looked down, sighing, noticing his puzzle looked just like John's.

Though she was glad John was still at redemption, she was upset at his odds now.

"Culpepper has it!" Jeff announced, causing Galong to cheer. She noticed Cody was in the back, dead silent as he watched Candice leave the arena.

Now it was John's time to give someone the advantage. Sophia, of course, didn't want it and was going to throw it into the fire. She looked at John and shook her head.

"I'll give it to Monica."

She exhaled in relief when her name wasn't called, but rolled her eyes when Monica started walking down the stairs, took the clue from Jeff, and threw it into the fire. She wasn't surprised, Monica had a controlling husband after all.

"Alright guys, head back to camp."

|>|

"You and Ciera want to split the rest?" Caleb questioned the two girls. Sophia shrugged and took the small piece of banana, splitting it in half and giving half to Ciera. She really hated eating part of a banana that about 3 other mouths were on. It was disgusting.