15

EDITED AS OF 5/16/2021

"WAIT, SO tomorrow's your birthday?" Nicole asked. She seemed a bit shocked about it.

"Yeah." Sophia shrugged as if it was no big deal, scooping slop out of a jar.

"Why haven't you told anyone? Turning 23 is a big deal for you!" Sophia shrugged again. She had always wanted a real birthday party, she hadn't had one for years. But she shook her head.

"I don't want to bother anyone with it." She looked over at her best friend. "All I really want to do is stay in the pool or sleep all day, I guess. I'm not special and I don't feel like having anything special."

Of course Nicole nodded, then pretended to be going to get some food as Sophia took a little nap.

Nicole went straight to Cody, telling him about how it was her birthday tomorrow.

Of course, they were going to make a cake and although Sophia couldn't eat it with the cameras on her like hawks due to being on slop, the production was going to let slide, of course, since it was her birthday and that would be a dick move.

Soon enough the whole house knew, and everyone was up and decorating, and doing what they could.

{12:32 AM}

It was now Sophia's birthday, everyone was downstairs decorating and doing what they could to help out, but they dimmed the lights so Sophia couldn't see the decorations if she woke up.

Sophia woke up finally, and started to get up when Nicole spotted her. She got up from the couch and Nicole's eyes got wide as she started to go downstairs.

"Hey Soph, happy birthday." She whispered.

"Thanks. I'm gonna go get something to eat—"

"No, no. You can't go downstairs." Sophia looked at her suspiciously. "What do you want?"

"I was going to go get some ice cream..." she frowned. "I'm just gonna go get it, then come back up." Nicole looked over the balcony and into the kitchen where Cody, Christine, and Donny were, baking a chocolate cake. Since there was no evidence of baking anything since the cake was in the oven.

"Oh, alright. You can go." Sophia gave her the weirdest look, but shook it off as she went downstairs. When the three of them saw her, Cody walked up and hugged her tightly.

"Hey Soph." He said, being his flirty self and playing with her hair.

"Hi Cody. I'm gonna get some ice cream." Sophia got the ice cream that her and Nicole usually ate and took it out of the freezer. She got a bowl from one of the cabinets and scooped the ice cream inside. Meanwhile, Cody put the ice cream box away for her. "Thanks, wanna go outside with me?"

"Sure," he spoke picking her up and throwing her on his shoulder. She laughed as they both went outside where Amber was, ready to distract them from going inside.

The three of them talked on the hammock for a few minutes, while inside they were putting candles on the cake, finishing it off with the last of the chocolate icing.

Derrick gave Amber and Cody a thumbs up from the door when Sophia fell off the hammock, laughing.

Sophia then remembered that Nicole was waiting for her, but she didn't want to leave, so she asked Amber if she could call Nicole out. Amber pretended to go inside to get her, when Amber called out a few moments later.